Chapter One

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Lexiee, happy birthday to you" mum sung as Lexiee poked her head out from under her brightly colured spotty duvet. She glared at her mum when she realised there were a few parcels resting by the door, understaning they were hers she leaped out of bed and raced to the door (without concentrating) crashin into the door! "Mum can you make me a cup of coffee and I'll open my presents on the sofa?" cried an astonished Lexiee while rubbing her head gently.

In the small parcels contained a beautiful twinkling diamond ring. Thinking to before they moved to London Lexiee could remember her mum telling her she was saving up for a uniquely special day. Lexiee gracefully thanked Alix but she just rushed her onto the next present, "Open the card last my little lollipop." declared mum, gradually creeping towards the card. In the next elegant parcels was a sparkly purple sequin top, with black jeans, as black as a nightless night. She also got beige ugg boots. Lastly Lexiee opened the final present which contained an identical Zayn Malik doll to the one

her cousin Destiny had back in Manchester. When Lexiee opened the card inside was carefully scribbled 'with all my love to the best girl EVER, love mum xx' A small piece of paper fell to the floor, immediately Lexiee knew what it was. "OMG THANKS MUM. YOU ARE THE BEST!" shrieked an overly excited Lexiee. Her mum felt like a deflating balloon due to how hard Lexiee was squeezing her! Suddenly the cheesy grin on Lexiee's face fade...

"Happy 5th birthday my princess. I am glad to have such an amazing, glorious daughter like you!" Lexiee could remember that was the last time she saw her father (in person), Zayn Malik, a member of One Direction. I wish you were here with us, thought Lexiee to herself, I terribly miss you father it hurts seeing you all happy and smiley on TV but you dont even spare a minute of your time to call me or as little as 50 pence to send me a card, anything would be nice just to show me you care about me. Just as the toaster popped some mysterious silhouettes emerged in the distance..