Chapter Six

Despite her great friendships at school, after school she only had Lottie to play with. However, she wasn't much fun. All she wanted to do was drink her bottle or sleep in her new red cozy cot. She would ignore Lexiee and snore away dreaming about her well loved mummy. The next day Lexiee refused to go to school so she could stay home and work out the plans. The plans were supposed to take place in a few weeks time, they would take place on Berryleaf Street at the old fashioned Victorian restaurant named The Black Penny Inn.

All Lexiee could worry about was Destiny moving in. They were halfway through painting her room a sunset orange with pitch black silhouettes of union jacks in every corner. With carpets fitted and curtains up, with wardrobes and draws so overall it was almost ready for Destiny. After a couple of weeks of removal vans at their new house; building and putting up shelves; and securing mirrors and photo frames, the room was ready for Destiny.

Finally Destiny ad Lexiee could feel like proper cousins again. One night Lexiee couldn't sleep with her mum's TV buzzing as loud as a motorbike engine. Consequently, Lexiee crept into Destiny's room, trying to avoid the creaky floor boards. "So how's the plan going Lex?" Destiny wondered cautiously.

"Well not too bad but..." Lexiee got interrupted when Alix burst through the door,                                  "I thought I heard you two talking, but I have just come to invite you to a family meal to welcome Destiny and Lottie into the family," Alix yellped excitedly.

"Can my dad come as well please, after all he is part of the family again?" questioned Lexiee.

"Well on Friday night try and persuade him to come."

"Okay then. Thanks."