3

Episode 3: The Kwami World
-----------------------

After a very successful dinner, Marinette and Adrien set out to find Andre's ice cream truck. It was believed to sell the best ice cream in all of Paris, and perhaps even France.

"He's close to the park across from the school!" Adrien tugged on Marinette's hand, who giggled as they ran through the streets.

"You think he'll still be there by the time we get there?" she asked.

"If Andre knows love is coming his way, he'd stay and wait." He gave her a wink as they came to a stop in front of the park.

Tikki and Plagg had made themselves comfortable in Marinette's purse. They were both incredibly full from Adrien feeding them cheese and cake from their desserts.

"I wish Trixx could stay with us," Tikki muttered.

"But her holder would've wondered where she went," Plagg frowned. "Now we have bigger issues."

"We haven't been to the kwami world in so long," she said.

"We can go back if Adrien and Marinette take off their jewels and put them back in the box it came with," he suggested. "But, you heard Trixx. She's still there."
"Speaking of which, Duusu," she gasped. "No one's holding her miraculous. Is she back home?"

"That place is not our home," Plagg shook his head. "It hasn't been a home since she came."

"Correction, does that mean she's back there? What's going to happen to her?"

"I smell ice cream," the cat kwami stated. "It's unrelated to the topic, but that ice cream smells really good."

"Of course," Tikki rolled her eyes, "in the presence of food, that's all you can think about."

There it was: the colorful ice cream truck. A cheerful man was waving off another satisfied customer before spotting the duo.

"Oh, more customers!" Andre clapped. He quickly prepared a cone with a scoop of mint  chocolate chip ice cream to match Adrien's eyes and a scoop of mixed berry to match Marinette's. "For the tomcat and love bug."

Marinette nearly dropped the cone at the given nicknames. It was what Lady Wi-Fi had called them when they dueled in Mayor Bourgeois's hotel.

"Thank you!" Adrien smiled as he paid for the dessert.

"You already paid for the expensive dinner, at least let me pay you back for the ice cream," Marinette frowned.

"Mari, I don't mean to brag, but have you seen the kind of money my dad has?" He took a spoonful of the mint ice cream and gave it a taste. "Besides, this ice cream was totally worth the money. It's amazing!"

"That doesn't stop me from feeling bad that you're spending money on me," she insisted after swallowing a bit of ice cream herself. She agreed, Andre really did sell the best ice cream in all of Paris. No wonder his location always changes; it kept his customers on the lookout for him.

*•*•*

As they passed a quieter neighborhood, a rustling sound took away the serenity of the area.

"What was that?" Adrien whispered, standing back to back with his partner.

"There!" Marinette hissed, pointing to a shadow running off, followed by another figure.

"Looks like Chat Noir and Ladybug are coming out tonight," he offered.

She nodded, and looked around, checking if anyone was nearby to witness their transformation. "Tikki, spots on!"