4

Episode 4: Bestia
-----------------------

"Bestia, where have I heard that name?" Adrien asked as he looked through his father's book of miraculouses.

"According to Tikki, it means Beast in Latin," Marinette's voice sounded from his phone left on speaker. "What are you even doing?"

"My father is out, so I'm just borrowing his book to read more," he flipped to the page about Hawkmoth. "Apparently the butterfly brooch is all about manipulation. Did you know Hawkmoth's cane is a sword?"

"How come I've never seen him use it?" she wondered.

"I don't know- oh, my dad is home. I have to put the book back."

Marinette giggled as she heard a thump before the call hung up. Silly cat. She let out a sigh ad fell back on her bed. "Tikki," she called to her kwami. "Who exactly is Bestia?" The ladybug kwami remained quiet. "You helped me defend my world, at least tell me about how yours is in danger," she chided gently.

Her small friend sat on the box that contained the earrings before Marinette started wearing them. "Bestia came into our world after Wayzz left. Before we have miraculous holders, kwamis live in our own alternate universe. When someone uses our miraculous, they are pulled from that world into this one." The bug kwami had bright blue tears at the edge of her eyes. "But then she came and made it a living hell!"

"What did she do?" Marinette covered her mouth. It already sounded horrible just by the name.

"When I was there, every day she hunted us down, and drew our powers to herself. She never took a lot, but enough to weaken us until our powers recharge," Tikki explained. "Then Plagg and I were pulled out by you and Adrien. Trixx, the fox kwami, was pulled out later, and she said Bestia took up torture if they didn't willingly surrender their powers to her on a daily basis."

"Why would someone do such a thing?" the heroine leaned back on her bed.

"Trixx also mentioned, the magenta cloaked person, they're collecting things to open up a portal to the kwami world."

"To help kwamis or help this Bestia?"

"It doesn't matter, because if someone passes through the portal, an energy shock will collapse any building in a one hundred mile radius. Or 160.93 kilometers. Something like that." Tikki started zipping around worriedly. "This is bad, this is bad! Now Duusu is back there because Malina is still in the hospital!"

"What about the butterfly kwami?"

"Nooroo is safe with Gabriel. They both just stay in the Agreste manor."

Marinette scratched her head, trying to think of more questions. "So, an energy shock will be released. Will it affect people like radiation?"

"No, it's just a strong enough wave of energy to push over a wall, and destroy it. Like how you can blow on a card tower to knock it over."

"That doesn't sound good."

"Of course not."

*•*•*

"So Tikki says Trixx will tell Fox to meet with us and discuss these issues," Marinette informed Adrien once it was their lunch break.