prologue

❁❁❁

when harry opens the door, he doesn't expect to see louis tapping his tom clad feet, and biting his bottom lip nervously. "lou?"

louis' voice is low and shy, which is highly unusual. "um, hazza. i need you to think back to niall's party, about a month ago."

harry thinks back. the party that he and louis had sex at. they'd both agreed it was not a big deal, and it meant nothing. they'd agreed not to tell their friends about it. and they'd agreed not to talk about it. "louis, we agre-"

"i-i know." louis says quietly. "but uh..." he looks down at his feet, and sighs, before looking back up at harry. "i... we... i. i might have a problem." he shoves something in front of harry.

harry takes it in his hands. it's a black and white picture. an ultrasound.

"i'm... pregnant, hazza." louis says quietly.

harry's mouth is open a bit, his eyes trained on the ultrasound picture. "pregnant..." he says slowly.

"uh, yeah. i'd gained a bit of weight, and i've been throwing up every morning, and i had a craving for peaches and sour cream a couple nights ago?" he says it like its a question, and then laughs a little, but it's forced. "and i... um, went to the doctor's and. i'm having a baby. your baby.

"pregnant..."

louis nods, sucks in his lower lip again.

harry looks at him, and then down at his stomach like he expects to see him expand before his eyes, and then at the picture. he nods. "alright. okay. yeah. wow."

louis raises an eyebrow.

"'m gonna be a daddy." harry says quietly.

louis gives him a little smile, and nods.

harry looks down at the picture again, before looking up and smiling at louis. "you're gonna be a mummy, boo!"

louis frowns, and punches harry softly.

they both laugh, then go silent. louis sighs. "we're gonna be alright, right?"

harry nods, pulls louis into him, and wraps his arms around him. "'course."

"do you think the fans'll be mad?"

harry rubs louis' back. "i dunno. probably not. they're pretty laid back. plus, it's not like we're huge singers or actors. just youtubers."

louis nods. and nuzzles closer into harry's chest. "we're having a baby, harry." he whispers. "a baby."

"yeah."

"we're not even together."

"friends raising a baby." harry laughs. "it's not as ridiculous as it sounds." they stay like that for a while. harry's chin resting on louis head, louis' arms wrapped around harry's waist, hands fisting the back of his purple tee, nose nuzzled to his chest, in the middle of harry's doorway. "lou?"

louis hums.

"do you have any more of the ultrasound pictures?" he asks sheepishly, almost as if he's embarrassed to ask.

"oh." he says. the thought of harry asking for a picture of a blob (their blob), makes louis' tummy bubbly in happiness, feels like little butterflies are flying around. "yes. i... yeah, definitely."

"can i have this one?"

"yes!" louis says quickly. his cheeks redden.

harry laughs, "thanks, boo."

"mhm."

"we're having a baby."

louis sighs, and closes his eyes, nuzzles in even further into harry's chest. he smiles, and murmurs, "yeah."

❁❁❁

a/n: yay! first fic. i apologize for the cover, it's because i'm on my phone. i have to do everything on my phone because my laptop's a piece of shit and it broke. blahhh. thanks for reading! -h.x