Chapter 3

~Selena~

"Stand still!" Nicholas yells. He brings the whip down again on my back and I try not to flinch.

I stare down at the ground and see blood marks on the floor from where Emily was. Nicholas left her body in here for what I think was three days before he took it away.

Tears run down my cheeks and after five more lashes, Nicholas finally tells me to go back in me cage. I sit down and daydream about what it would be like to be free of this pain.

"We are only helping you," Nicholas says, interrupting my daydream."You have something wrong with you, and we are fixing it. The world would never accept you. They would hate you and kill you, unlike us."

I nod, and feel the still burning pain from the whip against my shoulders.

If only the world didn't hate me. If only I was good enough.

________________________________________________________________

~Ashlyn~

I wake up in the middle of the night with my shoulders hurting.

"Sh*t, what happened," I say aloud, thinking of any activities I had done that might have hurt my shoulder. Nothing comes to mind so I decide to go back to sleep.

The wind rustles through the trees and right as I'm about to fall asleep, an idea hits me.

What if the pain isn't mine, I think to myself. What if this pain is my sister's?

I suddenly feel happy, because I can feel it in my gut that this pain is my sister's and that if I can feel it, our link is slowly returning.

I probably shouldn't tell the pack yet and get their hopes up, I decide, rolling over and deciding to go to sleep.

Unfortunately, I am too excited at the idea of finding my sister to be tired.

"D@mn ideas always coming when I'm trying to sleep," I grumble as I get up to find a book to read until I can fall asleep.

__________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter! Interesting stuff will happen in the next chapter or two, so stay tuned!

~bluemoon713 :)