The Red Stone - Chapter 4

An unexpected new home

I spent two hours laying in the infirmary somehow meditating. My eyes never left the roof. I was thinking about my mom, who could probably be dead by now because of that suppossed hellhound.

As expected, one of my supposed brothers, or let's just say half brother, approached me. He had black cropped hair, pale skin, rather tall and brown eyes. He may be fifteen years old more or less; I didn't even bother to ask.

He stood beside my bed and I sat up inmediately. He began the short conversation.

-I'm Victor. Kat, right?

I nodded and he continued.

-Follow me.

I got out of the bed and started walking through a field. Well, the name "camp" suited very well, though it doesn't mention that it is a place where teenagers wear what was supposed to be fashionable in the ancient times. To be more specific, in greece.....or maybe there were also romans. I pushed that thought aside and tried to keep my head blank. My aim was to get through this day; survive. Most of the kids were dressed the same: shorts and an orange t-shirt with the logo "Camp Half Blood" in it. I managed to spot a happy teen couple. They both looked 18. The girl was blonde with greyish eyes and was on the guy's back who had black hair and sea green eyes; both of them were laughing.

Poseidon - I thought inmediately when I saw his eyes. Still I might have been wrong.

I stepped in cabin 5 and looked around. The cabin had a redish color and an animal's head on the roof; a buffalo perhaps. A tall dark brown haired 18-year-old girl walked towards me. She said something and I was a hundred per cent sure that she was speaking to me. But I couldn't answer because she wasn't speaking in english. So I just frowned in confusion. I also remember I open my mouth to say something but I just closed it again. The whole cabin laughed; and I looked away.

-It's okay! We are just messing with you, like all the newbies that come here... I'm Clarisse La Rue, cabin counselor; and that means that i'm in charge here so you have to follow my orders. Got it?

-Err......yes?

-Good...... Also.... don't bother asking questions. You will answer them on your own when the time goes by; or someone will answer them for you before even questioning. So it's better as a newbie to keep your mouth shut,

Before I could say something, she continued pointing at one of the beds in the bunk

-Your stuff we found is next to that bed. Dinner is at 7pm. Don't get lost on your first day. Follow the rest. You'll get used to it. We Ares kids will go training.....you will stay here and take time to organize. See you at the dinner pavillon. Ares! Let's go!

They all follow and i'm left alone with the words on my throat.