Little Miss Perfect

Little Miss Perfect

~ Perfect face, perfect smile, perfect body, perfect life, parents, friends, grades, personality. Anything - Everything - a girl wants, Armani Summers has. Even the perfect name. But no one really knows who she is. This is Little Miss Perfect’s story: the truth about Armani Summers. ~

______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One - The Truth

“Everyone wants to be that someone. But that someone wants to be anyone else.” - Armani Summers

Stepping out of the girls toilets, I noticed - not for the first time - that as soon as I step into a room crowded by people I feel lonely. I should not feel that, everyone in this room is my friend. Tossing my wavy blond hair over my shoulder, I walk over to my group of people and hope the feeling goes away. When I reach them, they notice me straight away, getting that excited I begin to think they are faking it, actually I know they are. But it’s not as if I’m about to tell them that.

“OH EM GEE! ARMY’S HERE! ARMY’S HERE!” Lucy screams making people panic. They should be used to it already - it’s not like there is an actual army here (though she certainly acts like it.).

Lucas wraps his arms round my waist and starts whispering in my ear while I giggle. Of course, no one knows he’s telling me we need to talk rather angrily while I’m just trying to make it look cute. Every single girl “aw”s while the guys all roll their eyes and look away. This thing Luke and me have going on really needs to stop. It’s not natural. I know he only does it for the popularity and I’ve been okay with that, until now.

“Oh I know we do! SO, what’s wrong honey?” I ask in a sugar sweet voice, which only the odd person and I know is fake. I step away from his body as well, just so he knows I’m not happy, normally I would stay but not today.

He stumbles over his words “Erm… C-can we talk s-somewhere e-else?”

I’m grinning by this point “Nope! I think this is perfectly fine!” I gesture to the people around us who are staring open mouthed “What’s worrying you Lukey?”

“I’m cheating on you.” He trails off looking at me with a wicked grin on his face obviously expecting this to be my downfall.

I am still grinning and speaking in my sugar sweet voice “I know honey! I wasn’t easy enough for you was I! You started the first day when I refused the janitors closet!” Everyone gasps - even his friends - its quite funny actually, if you ask me.

He just stands there, his grin falling. His eyes light up as he gets n idea. “No one likes you Armani! They’re all using you because they want me, and they just want to be you!” He shouts it over the no-existent noise. He’s that adamant that he won you can see the victory pouring off him.

“Really! I never would have guessed! Tell me more! Preferably something I don’t already know!” I show a surprised face and keep my cool even though inside I feel like my hearts cracking into tiny little fragments. Never to be fixed again.

“You’ve changed Ari.” He’s shocked; I can see it in his eyes. Nevertheless, he will be even more surprised when I do what I’m going to do next.

I strut towards him - swinging my hips just to show off what he’s lost - before whispering in his ear “You’re not doing very well are you honey?” My sugar sweet voice changes to one of disgust and I step away “Well, guess what? I never loved you, it was just convenient, and you were just using me for popularity anyway. Oh! Before I go, here’s a little something to remember me by!” I shout loud, before kicking him where ‘it hurts’ and watching him crumple to the floor. I turn and walk away. Just before I reach they door I turn and take one last peek at his bright red face.