Powerless: Chapter 1

Imagine if the world you knew now... Was cast into a powerless, corrupted world. Governments didn't exist, so the laws didn't either. And if the laws didn't exist then people could do what they wanted. Militias rose up, terrorists took the opportunity to fight... Go into the life of one of the survival groups as they fight for survival in the powerless world they now live in. From love to action, comedy to horror. This book has it all...

"Honey?" Said a man as he walked into the lounge room. "Yes John?" She said looking up at him as she played with the kids. "It's happening..." He said quietly. "What... What's happening?" She said in a concerned voice as she stood up and walked over to him. "That thing we talked about... I tried to stop it..." He said sounding a little panicky. "Slow down dear... Why can't you...? You're an expert. You've got the USB and everything!" She exclaimed as she grabbed the USB off the table next to them. "I don't know... I just can't! Ring Daniel and Troy... Quickly!" He said as he ran to his computer and plugged in the USB again. "Mummy! Dora!!!" Said the little girl laughing at the TV. "Yes sweetie. Mummy will just be in here..." She said as she grabbed her phone and put a blanket over her.

"Oh man dude how I missed that!" Yelled Troy as he drank another beer. "Your not drunk are you?" Said Daniel smiling as he drove the car down the high way. "Nah man I'm just happy!!" HAPPY!!!" He yelled out the window with his arms in the air. "Haha" laughed Daniel shaking his head as he heard his phone. "Hey John man." He answered. "Daniel it's Samantha." She said hastily. "Oh hey Samantha. What's wrong?" He asked as he put her on loud speaker. "It's happening.. John couldn't stop it! You need to get he..." She said panicky as a huge explosion went off in the air and the phone cut dead. "Samantha?! Hello!" Yelled Daniel as all of a sudden the cars stereo went off and then the engine cut dead. "WHOA!! TROY!! Hold on!!" He yelled pulling In Troy as they crashed.

"Daniel?!" Yelled Samantha as she ran to John. She came to John as he frantically typed on the computer before the whole screen shut down. "I... I got it.." He said puffing and grabbing the USB. "They cut out! I tried to tell them and it cut out on me!" Said Samantha as she threw the phone on the table. "Get Emily. We have get all our stuff ready and head with the military." Said John as he put his laptop into a bag. "OK!" She said running to little Emily. Emily was sitting on the couch crying as Samantha came and picked her up. "Dora! Dora gone mummy!" She cried as she hugged her. "It's OK... It's.." She said as the TV next to them all of a sudden blew up. "SAMANTHA!!!" Yelled John running to them.

"Oh... Shit..." Said Daniel He climbed out the window of the broken car. "Uh.. Daniel you have to see this.." Said Troy from on top of the car. Daniel slowly climbed up the car from the passenger door that was stuck on a pole and came up. "What is... It.." He said as he saw fire and explosions all down the high way. Poles were knocked over and pieces of car were everywhere. And every light down the high way was off. Even Daniels cellphone didn't work. "Do you think that was....a um... Uh... EMP?" Said Troy. "Yeah.. I'm pretty sure it was. Or you could say electro magnet..." He started. "OK OK smarty pants I know what it is.." Said Troy jumping down and trying to start the engine. "Dude.. The engines blown and all the electronics are offline in this thing..." Daniel said whacking the hood as it popped off. "We gotta get to Johns.... Now!" Said Daniel grabbing his back pack. "You were ready for this?" Asked Troy as he opened the bag to see some bottles of water and food. "No... I always pack my survival kit." He smiled as he walked off. "Military nerd..." Troy said shaking his head as he followed him. "Oh wait... Safety first." Said Daniel reaching Into his pocket and grabbing his keys. "Oh your gonna throw them away?" Said Troy. "No?" He said as he clicked the button to lock the car. ".wha... I...?!" He said confused as Daniel walked away smiling.