Wave 9

"Wait! Please... Stop," I begged as I felt a pair of hands touching me. "No, not here," I pleaded on the verge of crying. "Ah, it hurts! Please stop pulling it this hard."

"You're worse than a baby," commented Cadfael with a smile.

"I'm not used to this... And being touched like that..." I whined.

"Get used to it. You're my mate now," he gave me a kiss on the lips making me blush.

"But I still can dress and prepare myself on my own!" I complained as I let out a yelp when another maid touched my tail. My mate ignored my complaining as he only sat there looking at me with a small smile since he was already dressed and ready to go, "Why only I have to be tended to?"

"It's for your measurements Sir," a maid replied before going back to her business. After a few more things here and there, everything was finally finished.

They put a big mirror in front of me, and I couldn't believe my eyes. My hair and tail never looked this shiny and smooth. And the jewels...

"You like your new look?" asked my mate as he put his arms around my waist. "Here, I have a present for you," he took out a shell and opened it. Inside there was a ring. "I hope you like it," he put it on my fourth finger.

"I can't... It's too much. You gave so many things to me already."

"It's the engagement ring. I know that we don't know each other, but I hope that you'll come to like me. And it is my job to make sure that you have everything you need."

I looked at the ring one more time, an engagement ring... It was exquisite. "Alright, but I have something to give you too," his eyes shined of curiosity. "Please close your eyes."

He obeyed, and I took a deep breath. I wanted to make this relationship work too. I put my arms around his neck and pulled him down a little so our mouth could touch each other. Then a pulled away, my face all hot. I knew it was nothing compared to all the pricey things he gave me, but for now, that's the only thing I could give him.

He opened his eyes and his eyes looked so warm and kind. "Thank you, Llyr," which disappeared right after his thanks to only be replaced by his usual smirk.

He put his arm around my waist to pull me closer until my whole body touched his. He leaned in, and I thought he was going to kiss me, so I closed my eyes. I jumped a little when his lips connected with my neck. He was licking and nipping at it. It tickled a little, but a warm feeling rushed through all my body. My body reacted to his touch so easily, but what about his?

I gulped and put my arms around his neck before mimicking what he just did to me. Soon enough, I felt something poking at my tail. I glanced down and saw... Oh, Gods... I blushed hard and at the same time, I felt his hand trailing down on my tail. My heart skipped a beat when I understood what he desired. His light feather touch on my tail was enough to make me shiver and I could feel the warmth concentrate on one region in particular. It didn't look like it, but our tails were extremely sensitive.

"C-Cadfael... P-Please stop..." I weakly protested as I tried to push him away before things went too far. I wasn't ready yet.

He gave me a last touch and kiss before stopping. He let go of me and apologized, "Sorry, I got a little excited," He straightened himself, "Let's go, it's time."

I looked myself one last time in the mirror before taking my mate's hand. We swam side by side as Cadfael accompanied me where we were supposed to go. When we reached the dining room, I was lost. I didn't know how we got here. I hope he won't make me go back by myself after supper. I would definitely get lost.

He opened the door and held it for me. So I went in first and saw a long table with six chairs. Two were placed at the extremity of the table and the two chairs opposing each other. Darya was already here with her mate, Kaito. Who knew we would encounter each other again?

We went to sit in front of them. I was facing Kaito and Cadfael his sister. We talked to each other as we waited for my mate's parents to make their appearance. When the door opened, the room went silent as the King and Queen went to sit at their respective places. Maids came to fill the glasses with a shiny pale golden liquid. I wondered what it was.

Then the King took his glass and raised it in the air, "Welcome to both Kaito and Llyr to the family. We hope the best for our son and daughter as well as their mates. Cheers!"

Cadfael took his glass and elevated it in the air, so I did the same. Then he went to take a sip, so did I. When the liquid touched my tongue, I was surprised to the sweet and mellow taste of it. It was quite tasty.

"Did you ever drank alcohol before?" my mate asked as the others started to talk between them.

"No, is that what it is?" I pointed at the glass.

"Yes, it's not that strong. But since it's your first time, I prefer that you drink only one glass. Just in case."

I nodded, I didn't want to do anything foolish in front of my in-laws. Soon enough, the maids came back in with trays. There were several dishes covered by a huge silver shell. I didn't notice it before, but everything was spotless and absolutely perfect. As expected of royalty.

A maid placed a plate in front of me after doing the same for my mate. Then she raised the shells, and an exquisite aroma tickled my nose. I looked at the food, and it was just so beautiful that I could almost not eat it.

"Please enjoy," said one of the maids before they exited the room.

We started eating and I was engrossed savouring the food that I was a little surprised to hear the King call my name.

"Llyr, what do you think of your new home?"

"It's different, there's nothing protecting the city, so I was a bit uneasy. But... It is a beautiful Kingdom," I answered honestly.

"I'm glad to hear that," smiled the Queen. "I understand that it would take some time to get adjusted to not only at your new home but also at your rank."

"Yes, it... It is quite different from how I lived."

"Now, what do you think of my son? When are you going to mate for the first time?" asked the King making me freeze.

I looked at the King then at his mate. What was I going to answer to that?!