6

"you can do it, i promise. it's so much fun." michael said, and luke shook his head, crossing his arms over his bare stomach.

"luke, just try." michael said, and looked down at calum and ashton who were waiting down in the lake.

"i read a book one time, and these two boys were up on a tree limb- were on a rock, but it's still scary. one of the boys fell and shattered his leg-"

"i've read that book too. his friend jounced the limb, causing him to fall, but i'm not gonna push you, so-"

"i'm scared." luke said, and shook his head.

"i'll jump with you, okay?" michael said, and luke looked over at him, and nodded.

he slowly stepped up to the edge and grabbed onto michael's hand. he held tightly, and michael smiled as he locked his fingers with luke's.

"on the count of 3, okay?" michael said, and luke nodded, but michael could tell he was nervous.

"be brave..." michael said, stepping closer to the edge.

"i can't." luke said, backing away from the edge. "i'm sorry. i can't do it."

"hey, it's okay. you don't have to." michael said softly, and luke smiled a little bit.

"maybe another day." luke said and shrugged.

"go read, you nerd." michael laughed, ruffling luke's hair.

luke walked back down to the bank, and slipped his glasses back on.

he smiled as he watched michael do a backflip off of the cliff.

he looks so cool

"hey luke? you okay?" ashton asked as he walked up to where luke was sitting.

calum and michael were quite a distance away, play fighting and trying to dunk each other.

luke nodded, and handed ashton a towel.

"he likes you a lot, you know?" ashton said quietly, causing luke to smile.

"i like him, but i want to wait a little bit before i say anything. i want the moment to be perfect." luke whispered.

"take your time. i've never seen michael be so careful with anyone before. he was so mad yesterday with how those boys were treating you." he said.

"this is so crazy. i've only known him for like 6 days and we already like each other." luke whispered.

"between you and me, i don't think michael has really liked anyone like this before." ashton said.

"nobody's ever liked me before. it feels great."