8. The Ball With a Splash of Firewhiskey

Draco's POV

Today's the day. I still cannot believe that Hermione Granger is my date to the Anniversary Ball.

"Mate you've been working on your hair for the past 30 minutes, it looks fine." Blaise scoffed, while attempting to fix his tie.

"It's gotta look perfect, there's going to be reporters everywhere and Hermione would probably kill me if I don't look just right." I muttered.

"Oh so you've got to look good for Hermione then?" Blaise smirked.

"Shut up Zabini."

Blaise laughed, then let out a puff of frustration as his 100th attempt at putting his tie on failed. "Okay I need your help. This thing is too damn complicated."

"Come here you idiot." I laughed, and fixed his tie.

"Thanks. It's almost time to go, Im going to pick up Luna." Blaise announced, and then apparated out of the room. I took one last glance in the mirror to make sure everything was in place, then walked to Hermione's room.

"Hey Hermione, you ready?" I asked, while knocking on the door. Her bedroom door swung open, and I swear my heart stopped beating. There she stood, in a seductive Slytherin green dress, with silver jewelry, and sky high silver heels. Her hair cascaded around her shoulders in brilliant loose curls. She looked like someone out of muggle Hollywood.

"Do I look okay?" Hermione asked.  This brought me back to reality, and I became aware of my mouth hanging wide open.

"Okay? You look amazing Hermione!" I exclaimed.

Hermione blushed. "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself."

"You look like a Slytherin, all of your friends are going to think I have you under the imperius curse or somethkng." I said, still shocked at the way she looks. She started giggling and exited her room.

"We should go now. I'm ready to see the look on everyone's faces." She smirked, and I wrapped my arm around her waist. We turned on the spot and apparated to Hogwarts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione's POV

Draco and I landed outside of the Hogwarts gates, as it's still impossible to apparate on school grounds. I turned and looked at my date for tonight. He really does look good. Wearing an expensive, Italian grey suit that was obviously tailored for the perfect fit, with an emerald green button down and black tie, he played the perfect part of the Slytherin king.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Let's do this." I nodded and we headed towards the myriad of reporters at the doors to the entrance hall. Our appearance was noticed immediately, and people were obviously very shocked.

"Is that Hermione Granger?!"

"Hermione! Draco! Give us an interview!"

"Hermione I love your dress!"

Draco lead us away from all of the flashing lights of the wizard cameras, after posing for many pictures of course. We made our way to the Great Hall, which was full of past classmates, Order members, and many citizens of the wizarding world.

We walked around arm in arm for a while, greeting people, laughing with old friends, and just generally being social before I saw the people I was looking for.

"Ginny! You look beautiful!" I exclaimed to my best friend. She did look gorgeous, in a simple red body con dress.

"Hermione! Er.. you look great!" She said, confused.