Chapter 10 Innocence Activate: Kanda

After eating some dinner, the group headed out in small groups to Central Square. Allen went with Link, Lavi with Road, and Kanda by himself. They on the rooftops of the surrounding house as they watched Central closely. A bright purple light appeared from an alley way followed by five figures. They all wore cloaks over their heads and each carried a different person. From what Lavi saw, they all were carrying children. He told Road who told Neah and he passed it on to the other three. Allen glared furiously at the figures and gritted his teeth.

"How dare they take innocent children? They're the worst!" Allen mumbled as he continued watching the figures. They all put down the children around the fountain and stepped back as another two figures stepped out of the shadows. One of them put down a child in the circle while the other started to draw a magic circle in front of them.

"You would think they use a bit too much purple in their magic..." Link said as he watched the magic circle complete and glow a dark purple. The dark mage stepped back as another went up and placed their hand on it. Suddenly, one magic circle turned into six surrounding the mage. Each other the figures, except for one, had a magic circle in front of them. They each stood in front of each child and guided the magic circle above their heads. The magic circles shone brightly before turning into particles that were absorbed into the bodies of the children.

"What do you think they just did?" Lavi asked as he tried to get a closer look.

"I'm not sure, but we have to make a move now or else they'll get away." Road said summoning some candles and throwing them down at the dark mages. Allen and Link stayed still as Kanda took his leave and drew out Mugen. He slashed at one of the figured only to find that they had a barrier protecting them. Lavi jumped and used a pole he found to extend and hit one of the figures. Road floated down next to him and pinned one of the figures to a wall with her candles. Allen snuck down into an alley way while Link stayed on the rooftop.

"Well hello there Fairy Tail mages... I didn't expect you to come tonight..." The mage behind the barrier said as Kanda tried to slice them again.

"Well you were the ones who sent your own people out to tell us these things." Lavi said as he dodges an attack from his opponent.

"Hm? How did you guess?"

"A little birdie told us." Link's eye twitched as he heard what Lavi said.

"I see... Well with that said, I want to see just how strong you all are." They said as they cast a spell at Kanda. It hit him directly, but it was just an illusion. The figure stepped back in shock as they barely dodged the sharp end of Kanda's sword. Unfortunate for them, Kanda has fast reflexes and slashed upward as fast as he did downward. The figure jumped back and looked down at their torn clothes.

"Aw... This was an expensive cloak as well..." They said as they looked at Kanda. Kanda stood in a battle stance as he glared at the glowing purple eyes.

"Tch. Stop talking and fight me." Kanda said as he swiped his sword horizontally. Netherworld insects flew out to attack the other. The dark mage smiled darkly before holding up his hand and the insects changed directions towards Lavi. Lavi jump just as the insects reached him and hit the insects away with his pole.

"Watch where you're aiming those things, Yuu-chan!" Lavi said as he jumped away from another attack.

"Stupid rabbit! That wasn't me!" Kanda growled as he ran at his opponent.

"So it seems that dark mage can change the direction of other people's magic." Road said as she pinned another three to the ground. She looked to the last one and smiled. The other smiled just as dark as her and spoke.