Chapter Twenty Two - Bickslow

Don't own image.

*****

Chapter Twenty Two - Bickslow

"Would you look at that," I said softly. "How do you feel?"

Laxus smiled back. "I feel great. Thank you, Elle. I know that it wasn't intentional, but this was the best gift I could ask for. Everything just feels right now. Like someone reshaped a puzzle piece that was too big, and now it fits perfectly."

I hugged him. "That's great."

"How's your back?" he asked.

"Phoenix healed it up, too," I said.

"Good," he said, finally hugging me back. "I was upset that you got hurt on my birthday trip."

OMG, Laxus gives amazing hugs.

In my past life, I never really got a lot of hugs. A few of my teachers, when I was younger, would hug me at the end of the school year, when I had to say goodbye.

But other than that, I got no other hugs.

I guess that's why I hug all the kids so much.

And since Laxus is bigger than me (and, you know, he's eventually going to get huge) his hugs are the best.

I'm just glad he stopped being a tsundere long enough to actually give me a hug.

It was as I was pulling out of the hug that I froze up, feeling a signal from my requip space.

"What's wrong?" Laxus asked.

"Nothing, I hope," I muttered, requipping away the keys and switching it out for the alerting card.

Bickslow's card was lit up, shining brightly in the darkness, showing a sign of two things; one, his distress, and two, the full activation of his magic.

I don't know for sure about all of the others, but I know that Bickslow's Figure Eyes and Evergreen's Stone Eyes are both a natural gift they have. Because of that, I added the activation of magic into everyone's cards. The fact that it was signaling both Bickslow's distress and magic activation was bothering me.

I flipped it over and activated the locator spell. After a few seconds, it came up with a destination, and I grabbed Laxus's hand and teleported.

"What's going on?" he asked as we sneaked around the corner. We had appeared in a hospital, and the card could tell me which way to go.

"We're here because another one of our future members, a boy named Bickslow, had a lot of distress and an activation in his natural magic. We might need to take him to Fairy Tail now, so be quiet. Also, don't panic if anything happens. Makarov should be able to fix anything."

He nodded and followed me, where we hid outside a room with a door slightly cracked open.

"What have you done?" came a horrorstruck voice, clearly a woman.

"Mom, look, I've saved Papa!" came a child's voice.

"Saved him? Saved him? You should have let him die in peace, and instead you stuck his soul into some sort of puppet! You evil child, how could you do this to my father!"