Chapter Sixty Eight - The Dragon Cry

More spoilers for Dragon Cry.

*****

Chapter Sixty Eight - The Dragon Cry

Toma seemed to be a bit in shock.

"What's the Dragon Cry?" Ame asked.

"Dwagon?" Hisui asked.

"Give me a bit, Hisui," I told her, before turning to her mother. "The Dragon Cry is a staff that has collected anguish and magic from the souls of passed dragons. It also has the power to extract a dragon from a human body."

"A…a human body?" she whispered. "Why would a dragon be in a human?"

"It's an ability that dragons have," I said. "And in a few years, we'll get some more dragon slayers who have dragons inside them as well."

"Why?" Ame asked.

"Dragon slayers, after using their magic for a specific amount of time, undergo a 'dragonification' process," I explained. "They turn into a dragon. These dragon slayers were all raised by dragons, and their dragons didn't want them to turn into dragons – so they decided to enter their bodies so that their bodies can adapt to their own magic, but also not overwhelm them and change them."

"And that's what you'll need the Dragon Cry for?" Toma asked, suddenly getting his voice back.

I nodded. "I need it for six people. But I won't need it until X784. Just make sure that, whatever happens, Zash doesn't find out."

He nodded, still looking a bit pale. "Understood. Using the Dragon Cry for destruction would be catastrophic."

*****

November passed at a nice rate…but the first of December we got a surprise.

Not a good one.

Well…I would count it as a good one if we could find Porlyusica.

But we couldn't.

And for some reason I was put in charge.

"Why are you all looking at me?!" I shrieked.

"You're the only other one with healing powers!" Rex shouted, shaking me.

"Stop shaking me, dammit!" I shouted.

He stopped and let go of me, and I took a deep breath. "No one can contact Porlyusica?"

Everyone shook their heads.

"She's not at her house, I've already gone and checked," Laxus said.

"Fuck," I muttered.

Once, again, I WAS NOT MENTALLY PREPARED FOR THIS.

I turned and pushed open the door to the infirmary.

"Maggie, you're going to have to breathe," I told her. "And push."

She glared at me. "I know that."