T w e l v e

Dan wasn't avoiding me anymore.

It seems that my little outburst seven nights before had knocked some sense into him, and I find myself happy that I had snapped instead of angry at myself like I had been before.

We'd talked things out with the others, the next day after I'd showed up at Dan's house that night. The five of us finally coming to a conclusion that we would stay quiet, for as long as we could, but stay quiet nonetheless.

The second day after that night at Dan's, we'd began to do more research, searching up countless articles and old stories, proof, whatever we could find regarding the topic of "same sex matching"

To my surprise, I'd actually struck gold a few times, coming across solid proof of previous matchings with our issue, even pictures.

"Guys" The slightly muffled voice of Pj says through the speakers of my laptop. Leading me to quickly minimize the google page I had been reading through to reveal everyone's faces on skype, their expressions ones of deep thought.

This had been going on for the past week as well, group skype calls between Chris, Pj, Dan, Louise, and I. The five of us deciding it would be best to speak over skype to avoid having to be over at each other's houses every day. Not that we hadn't also done that a number of times as well.

"Yeah?" I ask, my gaze flickering between Pj's box and Dan's, watching the way Pj was reading over something and the way Dan was laid on his stomach, his legs kicking above his back with his hands rested under his chin.

"I-I found something weird.." He pauses, the sound of his mouse clicking resonating through the silence between us, all of our eyes were on his box I assumed.

"Well would you hurry up here? I don't have all day you know" Chris says, expressing his annoyance with his hands waving wildly in his frame. The small symbol over his wrist making itself visible again.

"Shut up," Pj dismisses his match, glaring into the camera before continuing clicking, suddenly switching his face to his computer screen, sharing it for all of us to see.

I quickly begin reading it, as did everyone else. By the end of the article, I felt a tightness in my throat.

It was a report done by our school.

-

this sucks so bad i'm choking