Athame, Sward, Wand

Athame, Sword, and Wand
    There are many things in a witches life used for directing energy. Three of them are the athame, sword, and wand. These tools are very similar but yet very different. All used for one main purpose to direct energy. Every Wiccan has a different mixture of these objects. I have a wand and I'm hoping to get an at hake and a sword.

The athame is a dull knife that has a black handle. The tool can have any colored handle but black is traditional. The one I am getting is white handled because I practice white magic. This tool is sacred and should be cleansed, blessed, and dedicated before use. Though the edges are dull the knife itself might have a slightly sharp point on the top of the blade. This tool should never be used to cut chop or hurt anything or anyone.

The sword is much like the athame in the sense it is a dull knife with a slightly sharp point. Though not mentioned before, the slightly sharp top is where energy comes out of the blade. I do not have a sword because my mom will not let me have one in the house. This blade is often used outside for magical doings. This also should never be used for harm.

The wand is different than the athame and sword in many ways: though some are still the same. Like the rest it should never be used for harm. The wand however is used for directing AND RELEASING energy. Once a wand is used for harm it must be cleansed and rededicated. The wand is better when made by the individual themselves.