Chapter 9

***Six months pass***

Cassandra

I've been working here for six months now. And I felt like I knew about him more than any other person.

He doesn't like crusts on his peanut butter jelly sandwiches.

I found out the hard way he is allergic to pickles.

He likes his swim trunks to be washed with fabric softener.

And his favorite wine is red. I also noticed he hates the word moist and poach. He has random array of Stephen Hawking books.

He can totally fanboy over Barry Allen. And his type are tall blondes who are loaded and have access to big architecture projects. He says "its a corrupted system but its what you make of it that purifies it."

When I found out his type I then felt like I could never have him. But I told myself that he's my boss. My tall totally hot boss.

"Hey Cassi can I talk to you in my bedroom."

"Um okay." I put down my wash rag and walked behind him. He unbuttoned his collar and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Oh god." He wiped his face.

"What?"

"Well um I'll be asking a lot from you."

"Its kinda my job to do a lot."

"Well I'll give you a raise if you do well, so we both kind of benefit from it."

"Um what is it?"

"My parents are coming in from London on Thursday and they'll be staying here...."

I smiled knowing I have to feed more mouths.

"Well she thinks I have a girlfriend... well I told her that I do."

"And?"

"Well I need you to act like my girlfriend for a little bit."

"How long?"

"Just a week."

"Just be yourself, I didn't give them much detail." Today was Wednesday so this was going to be quite a predicament. "Okay shouldn't we prepare?"

"The guest room is set and the whole house has been well cleaned inside out."

"So um should I have a fake accent?"

"Uh no you're an American girl."

"Uh yeah right..." I was walking to the door.

"Claire, dress pleasingly."

"Um yes sir." I walked out and started smiling widely.

"Even though its not real it'll feel real."

"Whats real?" Claire walked in.

"Hmm wha....?" I said trying to dismiss what I said.

"He wants me to be his fake girlfriend for a week, cause his parents are coming from London and he told them he has a girlfriend and I guess I kinda knew him so I was an eligible candidate." I explained.

"Ooh boy talk speaking of, I met someone at the grocery store." Claire said

"Ooh name and details." I asked happier than ever

"Kris and he's amazing we've been texting forever now." She said.

"Well if he's amazing, means you're happy." I said.

"Proud." I said.

"Thank you." She said smiling.