Chapter 17

I heard Amelia descend down the steps and she placed her hand on my shoulder.
"Trouble in paradise, brotha." 

"I cheated on her," I said quickly to the point. Her hand slipped off and I watched a seagull crash onto the ocean and then rise back up out of the water. 

"Wow, that was fast," I pulled my legs up to my chest and crossed my arms over them. 

"In my defense..." 

"You don't have a defense, you cheated on her simple as that," she said bluntly.

"You know how mean that sounds," 

"I'm sorry, but did I cheat on the girl I fell for while playing a game of truth or lie, no," she answered her own question. 

"Are you lesbian?" Is what I got from her statement. She hit my arm. 

"Ass hole," she said.

"What if I am?" I spun my head around and her face was serious. 

"Wait are you serious?" She smiled. 

"Yeah, I wanted to tell you first, but I couldn't find the perfect time," she sounded sad.

"You know I'll always support you no matter what you're sexuality is," she hugged me and I placed my hand on her arms. 

"You should go apologies to her," she whispered. 

"I will," we sat there watching the tide roll in and we headed upstairs. Amelia went inside and I sat outside for a bit longer. I saw Cassie walking towards me. I cleared my throat and she opened the sliding doors with one hand, in the other, she had a glass of wine and a bottle. 

"So Nicholas Adkins, you used me like you used your other girlfriends and this Lauren chick supposedly has used you...last night she played you like a flute," She was slurring her words. I walked up to her and she was gonna fall but I grabbed her. 

"Mmmm, hahaha, Nicholas Adkins my hero, he saves me whenever I fall, but this time it seems like he couldn't save himself from falling for mua," she drunkenly pointed at herself. 

"How much have you had to drink?" She lifted up the bottle that was more than halfway done. 

"Okay how about we sit you down," I suggested. I walked and she limpidly held on to me. I stopped and swung her legs up so that I was carrying her. I set her down on the pool bench. I grabbed the wine bottle and she grunted. After a while, I took off my shirt and started swimming. I swam until the sunset. I heard her mutter. I lifted my head out of the water and she sat up. She rested her hand on her head. 

"Fuck, what happened?"

"You drank, a lot." 

"Where's your family?"

"I don't know, probably doing something, not near us," 

"I'm sorry," She said low.

"It's fine, I just started swimming to destress." 

"You tend to do that a lot," 

"Yeah, I do," 

"Nick, why didn't you tell me?"

"Why didn't I tell you what?" I asked. 

"Why didn't you tell me about how you felt?"

"Because I'm not a very expressive as a person," I said. She smiled. 

"I do love you," I said. Her eyes widened and stared at me for a while. 

"What?"

"I love you,"

"How do you love me?"

"Would it kill you to say I love you too?" I said emerging from the water. I brushed my hand through my wet hair. 

"I love you too, Nicholas Adkins," She bent down and kissed me. I stood up and kissed her again. I lifted her up and walked with her to the inside of the house and put her on the couch. I slipped my hand on the back of her dress and unzipped her dress.