Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Rick was laying in bed next to Kate when he felt her stir. He sat both of them up and wrapped her in a hug. "You ok?" He said as he kissed her head. "I don't know. Do you have to go to that seminar today?" "Kate you will be fine. Ryan is going to come over." "Why?" "So your not lonely." "Great now I have to have a baby sitter." "No, he's just coming to keep you company." Kate went to pull away but Rick only held her tighter. "Kate your fine. I know and you know your not crazy." He rocked her in a conferring motion. "You should really go get ready Rick." "Yeah your right." He paused before getting up. "Kate I love you." And he kissed the top of her head. "I love you too." She sighed and laid back down. Kate was lost in her thoughts, until castle came out and kissed her good bye and said Ryan would be there soon. She didn't get up until she herd the door open. She grabbed her gun and went towards the front door. She turned the corner to find Ryan. He jumped, "Kate, whoa, it's just me Ryan." She dropped the gun and slid to the floor. Ryan ran over to Kate. She started crying as he hugged her tightly. "Sh, Kate it's ok, it's just me." "I thought... I thought you were..." "Thought I was who Kate?" "Josh." She buried her face into his shoulder and let the tears out. "Kate josh is gone, he's not gonna hurt you anymore." -flashback to 1st fanfic- "josh, Rick is going to find me." "Shut up, just shut up." He smacked her hard with the back of his hand. Her hands were tied and she sat against the wall. He stood her up and continued to slap, punch and kick her. She was finally on the floor and he continued to beat her. -present- "I'm is scared, Ryan, I'm so scared." "Kate he can't hurt you anymore. He's gone." "He did so much to me before you and Rick found me." She continued to cry into his shoulder. "I tried to fight back but I couldn't. I felt so weak-" Ryan cut her off. "It's ok Kate, you can't always be the strong one. Me and Rick are here for you . We're not going any where." He continued to hug her and stroke her hair. "I feel so weak now." "Sh, it's ok Kate, it's ok to feel like that. I'm here, I'm here."