IX

Lin stood there confused as ever soaking wet and frankly smelling somewhat like lemons. He stood there frozen staring at the ground as Jasmine's iced tea dripped onto the grass. He watched Jasmine run off in a hurry and Renee following closely behind. He looked up at Oak and Anthony who looked just as surprised and shocked as himself. "What the hell was that?!" Lin screamed as he felt an ice cub slip down his shirt.
"What the... What did you do to her?" Oak asked as himself and Anthony stood up.
"I didn't do anything! I barely know Jasmine or Renee!" Lin yelled back.
"Clearly you did something," Anthony replied. "Jasmine said you hurt Pippa- what happened?" "Nothing! I haven't even seen Pippa in like four days! I texted her yesterday to check on the baby but she was fine," Lin replied.
"I have no idea what's going on with the girls..." Anthony sighed. "I'll find out."
Anthony was in his car driving to Jasmine's apartment. He had already checked Renee's and nobody was there. He pulled into the apartment building parking area and hurried into the building and frantically ringed Jassy's buzzer until he heard the door unlock. He yanked open the door and hurried up the three flights of stairs until he arrived at Jas' door.
Jasmine knew someone was on their way up, so he opened Jasmine's door and stepped inside. Renee was sitting on the living area couch as Jasmine was walking back in forth with a bowl of Cheetos, eating as Riverdale played in the background. Anthony shut the door behind him and Jasmine turned to him finally.
"Hey babe," Jasmine said as she handed Renee the bowl.
"What the hell was that, Jassy?" Anthony yelled.
Jasmine scoffed. "He's a cheat! A player! He used Pippa just so he wouldn't have to pay child support."
"And, how do you know this?" Anthony asked.
"Pippa heard him saying how he still loved Vanessa. He totally was showing Pippa he was into her- lying to her and using her," Renee answered without taking her eyes of the TV.
"Lin said he used Pippa?" Anthony asked.
"Well... No. But why would he show interest in Pippa then just abandoned her for Vanessa? I know that he only showed interest in her to avoid paying for the baby-"
"Jassy Lin's not like that. You know that. Lin wants this baby with her- we ALL know that. So maybe he still has feelings for Vanessa- they were together for years!" Anthony exclaimed, Renee and Jasmine stared at him. "I know Lin. There's not a doubt in my mind he still likes Vanessa- but he knows better then to get back with her. He has feelings for Pippa! He told us! He talks about her non-stop, he's so into her that he's to the point of obsession. In a good way." "So why did he tell Vanessa that he wasn't into her?" Jas scoffed, Renee shook her head in agreement.
"Because Lin's an idiot," Anthony replied. "He fucked up. But screaming at him and throwing shit, wasn't the way to handle that situation."
"Was for me," Jas smirked.
Anthony rolled his eyes. "Jassy. Stop. This isn't you."
"Me? I'm the blunt best friend that's not afraid to speak my mouth," Jassy replied, Anthony opened his eyes at her attitude towards him. "I-Im sorry. I just really hurt Pippa, a-and i'm stressed."
"Tell Pippa to talk to Lin," Anthony said, Jasmine and Renee sighed, and Renee pulled out her cell
phone.

Meanwhile, Pippa was at home by herself with all the lights off and the TV on. Pippa' hair was in a messy bun with her mascara dried on her cheeks from crying. Renee had been texting her- but Pippa ignored all messages.

Pippa wore sweatpants, a sports bra, and a baggy t-shirt that read 'Talk Less, Smile More.' The TV played season 10 of Grays Anatomy while Pippa ate popcorn from the bag and had a bottle of strawberry vodka next to her.

In the middle of an episode, banging came echoing through the house from her front door. Pippa rolled her eyes- she knew it was either Renee or Jasmine. She didn't care for either of them right now. So, she turned up the volume and continued focusing on Grays.

But the banging wouldn't stop. The banging got louder and louder and Pippa didn't care for it. She tried and tried to ignore it by turning up the volume or listening to music or even going to a different room- but the person wouldn't give up.

"What do they want now?" Pippa thought to herself.
Pippa left the kitchen and went back to the living room, grabbed her Vodka and took a big sip from it. She felt the warm mess go down her throat- smooth like honey. As the banging continued, Pippa rolled her eyes and groaned out loud as she went to the front door and unlocked it, and yanked the door open.

"What do you guys want-"

She stopped herself. Pippa's brown eyes met Lin's eyes as he stood there, soaking wet and smelling like Iced Tea. He looked up at her with his big puppy dog brown eyes as they both stood there not saying anything.

"Can we talk?"