XVIII

(A/N:
I wanna dedicate this chapter to PistachiOHNO because she's an amazing person & is very supportive of this story and you guys should follow her & read her stories because she's an amazing person.
-savannah💓)

Two Months Later...

Months passed and Pippa or Lin never a heard from Vanessa after that. Which they expected- nobody wanted to mess with Jasmine. Pippa tried to forget the baby shower by doing other things that distracted her. Such as shopping or reading or binging Netflix series. She would be lying if she said she didn't crave alcohol at any point.

But Pippa knew what was best for her baby. And that, wasn't it.

Jasmine hadn't exactly been herself after the shower. No matter how many times Pippa told her it was fine, she still belittled herself for starting the fight with Vanessa. She just wanted to defend Phillipa- not destroy someone's party. Especially her best friends party. Not to mention- Jasmine was going to be the God Mother of Pippa's child!

Jasmine's worse nightmare was Phillipa telling Jasmine that she wasn't suited to be a God Parent after that. The voice in the back of her head kept screaming that she wasn't good enough. So, Jasmine stopped going to Phillipa's home.

It wasn't that Jasmine didn't like Pippa, it was the fact that she was scared. She didn't want to lose her. Jasmine loved Pippa and she wanted to be there. But if Jasmine's only way of being in Pippa's life is by hurting her, she didn't want to be there.

Jasmine ended up moving in with Anthony. She couldn't exactly go back and forth between houses anymore, so Anthony took her in. He. PTSD was better, she could walk down streets and on sidewalks by herself now. But still, she refuses to get in or near a car.

Renee and Pippa were at Renee's apartment alone watching Netflix series and eating popcorn. A girls night- but, Jasmine wasn't there. It felt off. It's quiet without Jasmine around, she usually is mocking the characters or questioning the story line with funny jokes.

"Renee?" Pippa asked with a mouth full of popcorn. "Can you call Jasmine again and see if she can come?"

Renee pulled her phone out and clicked on Jasmine's contact. She held the phone between Pippa and herself and put it on speaker. It rang and rang, but no answer.

"Hey it's Jasmine! Sorry I couldn't answer, leave a message and I'll get right back to ya!"

The phone went quiet as Pippa and Renee exchanged looks, then the 'beep' sound went off.

"Yo! Jas! It's Renee! Netflix binge watching series time! Get your butt-"

There was a noise, a beep, and Jasmine's voice came over.

"Hey!" She exclaimed.
"Jassy!" Renee shouted. "Walk down here! Or we'll come to you! Netflix binging time!"
"Yeah, I'm sure we can set something up," Jas laughed.
"What are you thinking about watching, Jas? 13 Reasons, Stranger Things-"
"Pippa?" Jasmine interrupted.
"The one and only!" Pippa exclaimed.

Jasmine went silent.

"Yeah, um, something came up. Anthony and I are going out to get food. Maybe next time?" Jasmine's voice cracked, and Renee and Pippa exchanged a confused look.

"Jas?" Pippa asked after a pause.
"Yes?" Jasmine asked.
"Anthony's out with Daveed and Lin."

The phone went silent. No talking from either end.

"I... Um... I meant later..." Jasmine stuttered.
"Jas cut the crap. What's the real reason?" Pippa asked.
Jasmine sighed. "I just want to be alone today."
"Is everything alright?" Renee asked.
"Yeah, everything's great," Jasmine replied. "Just... Want a day to relax, I guess."
"Then let's go to the salon. We can get manicures or massages or-"
"Pippa is it a crime to want to be by myself for one god damn day?!" Jasmine shouted over the phone. Renee and Pippa stood quiet, shocked. Jasmine sighed. "Sorry. Sorry. God, bitchy move."
"God Jas what's gotten into you?" Pippa asked. "Ever sense the baby shower you've-"

Pippa looked up and Renee and shared a look of realization. They heard Jasmine sigh on the other end, they waited for her to talk.

"I just... I don't want to fuck up anymore, Pippa," Jasmine confessed, she sniffled. "I love you with all my heart. I really do. But, me being around you brings nothing but trouble. The fight, the car accident, the drinking, the drama- I can't bring you nothing but distress."
"Jasmine you need to understand that I'm so proud of you for fighting." Pippa laughed. "That sounds terrible. But Vanessa broke into my house and beat me up, showed up at my baby shower to cause problems, and was constantly trying to take Lin from me. She got what she deserved."
"And who knows? Next time I might hurt someone you care about. What if me and Theodosia get into it one day? Or me and Renee? Or me and Lin? Or-"
"Those are all 'what ifs' Jasmine. None of that might even happen. Stop living in fear of what might happen and focus on what will happen. You being the God Mother of Pippa's kid!" Renee exclaimed.

Pippa's eyes widened. She stared at Renee, and Jasmine stayed quiet. Pippa or Lin never told Renee about being the God Mother being Jasmine. Renee looked up at Pippa, smirked, and giggled.

"Jasmine your boyfriend is awful at keeping secrets," Renee said. Jasmine groaned but Pippa just stared. "Anyways. Stop living in fear. You love Pippa?"
"Yes-"
"Then be there for her. That simple," Renee continued.

There was silence, then a sigh.

"Yeah. Yeah. You're right. But in all honestly, I just want to be alone. Anthony's with Lin and it's nice to have the house to myself," Jasmine giggled.
"Are you sure?" Pippa asked.
"Positive. I'll stay on the phone with you if you want!" Jasmine exclaimed.
"As long as you're here to make fun of the shitty character acting." Renee said, Pippa and Jasmine laughed.
"Ill go get us drinks," Pippa said.

Pippa stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. She dug through the fridge until she found a bottle of Vanilla Vodka (for Renee, of course) and orange juice for herself.

She reached into the cupboard and pulled out two glasses, but suddenly stopped. She had a terrible pain in her stomach. At first, she thought the baby had a really hard kick. But, then she looked down, and screamed.

"Pippa what's wrong?" Renee asked as she hurried into the kitchen, phone still in hand.

Pippa looked down and looked at the water around her feet and back at Renee. "My water broke."

(A/N:
My new story is out & it's called 'The (Straight) Girl Next Door) and it's a girlxgirl story and i'm v proud of it so please go check it out and vote and comment what you think it'll help a lot!
xoxo,
-sav💓)