LT: Some Filipino Expressions

In this part, you will know some filipino expressions that you might hear in your visit in the Philippines! Let's get started!

In the Philippines, you will hear different expressions such as:

Hoy!
Aray!

This are just some of the expressions that you will hear when you visit here in the Philippines.

If English, have Hey!

If Korean, have Ya!

Well, Tagalog have Hoy!

Hoy is like you are calling someones attention, maybe you don't know his/her name?

If you will shout hoy in a public place. I am pretty sure all will turn their heads to you.

But becareful, Hoy can also be disrespectful in some ways.

NEVER say HOY when you are calling your parents, grandparents, or strangers.

But, You can use hoy to your friends.

If you want to get a stranger's attention, you can simply call them:

Ate means Sister you can use this to a girl stranger to be more polite.

Kuya means Brother you can use this to a boy stranger to be more polite, too.

But, you can just also say excuse me instead.

Aray is an expression when Filipinos are hurted. Example: when someone punched them.

I don't really know what other nationalities say when they are hurt but all I know is Ouch!

Does it helps you? Let me know! Feel free to ask questions and I or other Filipino wattpad users will answer your questions as soon as possible!