Chapter 9: Friends or Lovers?

After the news broke out, it created an huge mass hysteria not only in korea but out of korea as well. Almost all of Guan Lin's fans accepted Areum but there were few who couldn't.

Anti-fans started to attack. They wrote rude messages on his articles as well as outside cube entertainment. Furthermore, they also started some disgusting rumours like 'Guan Lin dates girls to gain more fans'. That wasn't enough for those Anti-fans that they started to write rude comments about Areum too. After this incident his few fans suggested him to break up and started to write rude comments on Areum for ruining his image.

In the school at class...

Guan Lin would be looking outside the window with his head down on the table. Areum looks at her phone and reads the anti-fans comments. Then she truns around to see Guan Lin and bites her lips. She goes towards him and taps his shoulders. He gets up and smiles unhappily.

Areum: Are you okay?

Guan Lin: uhm

Areum: Let's end this play

Guan Lin: What r u talking about?

Areum: I can't take it anymore!

Guan Lin: It's just been 2 weeks

Areum: ik but let's stop it now!

(Areum's thoughts)

Why don't you just listen to me? If we continue... You're gonna get hurt... n I won't be able to bear that.. so please... just listen to me once!

(Guan Lin thoughts)

Areum we can't end this! If we do your gonna get hurt... I can't let that happen! I told you I'd protect you no matter what happens! So let me do my promise!

Guan Lin: Why do you want to do that?

Areum: Just do as I say!

Guan Lin: I don't think I can do that!

Areum: Why? WHY ON EARTH WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?
*the class stops and looks at them*

Guan Lin: Cuz if I do what you say.. you'll be hurt

Areum: let me be! Either way I will! Do you think this will help me feel better? I'M.. I'm more hurt this way.. seeing you hurt

Guan Lin: Why would you?

Areum: I don't know!

Guan Lin: then let it be

Areum: I can't! Because of me.. your getting lots of hate.. this can effect your debut!

Guan Lin: I don't care! As long as your fine!

Areum: How can I be fine? *cries* If we broke up now.. you won't be hurt! So-

Guan Lin: I can't do that! I can't push you from the cliff just to save myself!

Areum: it's for your sake!

Guan Lin: What about me? if you get hurt.. my heart will go crazy! What your gonna do bout that?

Areum: Why would your heart go crazy? It was all an play anyways.
*the class gasps*

Guan Lin: WHat do you think your doing!?

Areum: *looks at class* Have you guys seen us outside school? Have you guys seen us holding hands in the corridors? Have you guys seen us kissing? No right!? IT WAS ALL AN ACT! To save myself I asked Guan Lin to be part of my plan. Due to my request he played along. *breaks down*

Guan Lin: JEON AREUM!

Areum: Please forgive me and Don't hate Guan Lin! I confessed cuz I'm also one of his fan and I can't see him going through depression like this.

Guan Lin: Stop it!

Areum: Please don't hate him and keep supporting him!

Guan Lin: *gets up* I told you to stop it!

Areum: It's my faul-

*Guan Lin unexpectedly kisses her*

Guan Lin: *whispers to Areum* stop it Areum-ah!

Areum pushes him away and slaps him.

Areum: Why would do that? You idiot! Have you GONE CRAZY!?

She runs off wiping of her tears. Guan Lin follows her. The class freezes in shock; bewildered.

To be continued...