Chapter 3

Drea (November 7, 5:50am, Friday)

Today Drea was able to go back to school. She got up at her regular time and began to get dressed. Her mother hardly spoke to her during her suspension. Drea could understand why though. Her mother was always the type that if something goes bad, she doesn't talk much. Drea even stopped smoking. She thought she could use a break from it. Davon even promise to take a break also. 

After Drea pulled her hair in a ponytail, she ran downstaris in the kitchen. Her mom was off today so she cooked a small breakfast for Davon and Drea before they went to school. Drea sat at the table quietly not even wanting to say a word to Davon. Her mom sat the plate of waffles,eggs,and bacon in front of Drea.

"Why are you so quiet this morning, sweetie?" Drea's mom asked. Drea knew that her mom knew why she was sad but her mom just felt the need to ask. "I really don't know..." Drea mumbled as she poured the syrup on her waffles. Davon eyed Drea he could see right through her. Drea usually didn't eat at the table since her father left because it doesn't feel the same. So she usually would get her food and eat in her room.

"I'm not hungry, I will just walk to school." Drea said as she pushed her plate to the side, grabbing her bag and throwing it over her shoulder. She started to walk out the door but Davon ran up to her . "I'll take you like always, come on." Davon walked to his car and getting in.

The car ride was silent, not even the radio was on. Davon sighed, "Drea, I understand it was hard for you when Dad left but it-.."

Drea cut him off, "No it's not okay, don't you dare say that! How come you don't miss him? Why you and Mom act like this doesn't affect us?"

"Drea calm down, I do miss him but..." Davon trailed off. He knew why their dad left. Drea's mom and Davon have been keeping the real reason away from Drea, instead they told her that things weren't walking out like they were suppose to.

(12:45)

Drea sat in her 7th period class feeling awkward. They had a substitute today and everyone took that chance to talk to their friends. Drea had no friends, well she did. When her dad left, she became quiet and basically pushed her friends away. She sighed and dug through her backpack pulling out a blue sketch book. Drea loved to draw. She had been doing it since she was ten. Her dad always told her she had beautiful drawing skills, so she had never stopped. She grabbed her pencil, placing it between her fingers and began to let it sketch wonders. Thirty minutes later it was time to go and Drea was just putting the finishing touches on her her flower.

"That is really awesome, Drea." Someone said to her. 

Drea looked up and saw her old friend, Rachel. She smiled shyly. "Thanks Rachel." She replied.

"No problem, uhm how ya been?" Rachel asked grabbing all her bags and waiting for Drea to pack her up her things also.

"Good, just drawing and kicking it." Drea chuckled. Rachel chuckled also, "Same old Drea. Hey, I am going to be going shopping with my other friend, Nya, and I want you to join us tomorrow." 

"Oh that sounds great, what time?" Drea asked as the girls walked to their last class of the day.

"Around 3pm, I'll come pick you up, you still live in the same house?" Rachel asked. Drea nodded and they both parted their ways. Drea felt happy because she feels like she had reunited with her old friend. As soon as she was about make a turn to the hallway, someone grabbed her and dragged her in a closet. It was dark so she couldn't see anything. The lights flicked on and there stood Chris. She groaned and rolls her eyes.

 "What Christopher!?" She exclaimed with attitude in her voice.

He smirked, "Chill babe and call me Chris."

"Chris please leave me alone, today really isn't my day." Drea says attempting to open the door to walk out but Chris grabbed her wrist. "Why are you acting like this, Drea? Everytime you see me, you give me the could shoulder." Chris stated. It was true she didn't care for Chris at all.

"Look Chris, I'm not talking to you because you know EXACTLY why I've been acting like this. Leave me alone..." She mumbled pushing pass him, she felt the tears drop on her cheeks, she quickly wiped her face and walked inside her classroom.

(7:35pm)

Since it is Friday night and both Drea and Davon didn't have anything planned they decided to watch some movies and eat pizza. Drea didn't want to though, she honestly wanted to lay in her bed and sleep all night but Davon seemed so happy about there movie night.

"Dee?" Drea quietly mumbled. He looked up, "Yeah?" She sighed and burried her face in her hands. "Mom hates me doesn't she, she haven't talked to me since we got home..." Drea let some tears fall. Drea knew that she was a problem for her mother but she was trying her best to change it all. 

"No she doesn't hate you, Drea. You just constantly do stuff to piss her off. We know it's been rough on you every since Dad left but you have to stop acting like this, beanhead."

Drea chuckled at his nickname he gave Drea when they were younger. " You right Dee. Should I go talk to her?" 

"No not now, she has to rest up for work in the morning. Just wait."

Drea nodded.

They watched 3 movies laughing and talking, barely paying attention. It was now 11:56, almost hitting midnight. The two heard loud banging on the door.

"Davon go get that!" Drea shouted. Davon sighed as he got up approaching the door and opening it. There stood two policemen with a flashlight.

"Young man, where is your mother?" The tall, lanky police officer asked.

"She is sleep, can I help you with something?" Davon asked. 

"Tell her Mr.Lotts and Mr.Cane came by, she knows us." The policemen walked away.

Davon walked back over to Drea. "What was that all about?"

Davon shrugged, " I don't know, I just want to know why they came at midnight to talk to mom."

Drea shrugged also and turned her attention back to the television.

_______________________________________________________

Comment and vote.

 I have tried my best to put pictures up of the chracters but I don't know how to so until then just use your IMAGINATION.  :)