Reunion

He choked on the dust-filled air as he sat down a large box on a new, cleanly washed desk.

"You can defiantly tell no one's inhabited this room in quite a while," Jesse Hassett joked as he began taking out his belongings from the boxes. He revealed a few yellow candles and books with red sleeves. He sat them down carefully on the desk and started for another box.

"Well, it's been a few months and I never really found the time to keep the place tidy," she answered and helped unload a box. The answer was partly true, it was also because she couldn't stand to come back up to this room from hell.

"It's rather gloomy in here, isn't it?" He chuckled. "You wouldn't mind if I brought in some wallpaper to brighten the place up?" He asked as he scratched at the peeling, gray wallpaper.

"I wouldn't mind a bit," she beamed. She's always wanted this room to be nice and cheery, but Sweeney Todd would always refuse. "My friend wanted this room to be basically a dungeon, God, I hated it. But yes, some bright wallpaper, maybe even some flowers..."

"Perhaps some gillyflowers," Jesse suggested

A wide smile formed on Mrs. Lovett's face. Someone who actually was fond of her own ideas. "That sounds wonderful!" She cheered. "Oh, this room'll finally be a dream!"

"Safe for that eye sore," Jesse stated in a bitter tone as his eyes darted to the floorboards. Mrs. Lovett's eyes followed Jesse's line of sight and saw the large trap door hinged to the floor. She was able to strip the barber chair from the floor, but the trap door was literally apart of the floor.

"Laundry shoot..." she answered nervously.

"In the floor?" Jesse laughed with slight concern. "That's quite odd."

"My friend was an odd man," she replied; hoping the humor would mask the horror-filled truth. What was she suppose to say? Oh, that's where people covered in blood take a slide right into the cellar where they crack their skulls and possibly snap their necks. What kind of answer would that be?!

"I don't think it even works anymore," she added. "Hinges are all rusted from months of no movement. You could just cover it up with a rug, if you don't mind that."

Jesse Hassett shrugged. "I suppose so. A rug to match the wallpaper."

"Oh, it's going to be great having you live right upstairs," she sighed and continued unloading boxes. She looked around the dingy parlor and sighed, but this time being out of grief than contentment.

He's really not coming back, she thought. She remembered in the early days when Todd was sentenced to Bedlam, she dusted his room every day in hopes he'll come home and they can start over. Her hopes were so high, her faith so strong. And for what? She thought about running away to the beaches with Todd and Toby and a new life beginning. Well, part of that dream came true. She's able to start a new with Jesse Hassett and Toby.