Chapter 20

Aeyoung woke up with a headache.

But when she got to the kitchen, everything was quiet. Breakfast was waiting for her but she couldn't see anyone. She sat down and tried to eat but found that she couldn't eat by herself, so she set out to check on the boys.

"Namjoon-ah?" she knocked gently on the leader's door. But he didn't answer. None of the boys even slept on her floor or on the bed beside her. And she felt disappointed. Aeyoung laughed when she realized that she felt that way, 'I wonder where they are...' she sighed and shook her head. She let them sleep in, then ate breakfast hurriedly and went to work.

"Ms. Aeyoung? Gwaenchana-saeyo?" Sejong her secretary asked her when Aeyoung didn't answer her question. "Uh- what is it?" Aeyoung stammered in response. Sejong calmly gave her a pile of paperwork that piled up over the weekend. Aeyoung didn't want to grimace and roll her eyes but Sejong definitely heard her sigh in resignation. "Do you want me to go through some of these for you?" Sejong asked. Aeyooung's relief was so evident that Sejong found it hard to control her laughter.

"Wae?" Aeyoung asked her secretary. "Amugeosdo aniya!" Sejong replied and quickly made herself scarce. When she was out of Aeyoung's earshot she burst out laughing. "What's wrong with you Sejong-ah?" asked another employee. 

Sejong laughed and said, "She looks so cute!!" and promptly walked away.

The other employees looked at her as if she was weird but Sejong didn't care. She was happy because it seemed finally that Aeyoung was in love. But Aeyoung was actually anxious. She spaced out again and only heard the phone ringing when Sejong motioned for her to answer it.

"Hello?" Aeyoung's voice was perfectly normal and calm. At first she couldn't hear anything but she knew someone was on the other end because the person was breathing. Aeyoung gripped the phone tightly in her hand and she fought to keep her calm, when all she wanted was to hunt down the psycho who hurt her boys.

Even though the other person hadn't spoken yet, she instinctively knew that it was the murderous psycho. After a few more moments of silence on the other side; the person finally spoke, "I know you're hiding them..."

For a moment, Aeyoung's heart froze and she was transported to that rainy day on the cliff when she saved the boys' lives. She vowed then that no one would ever hurt them again and she girded herself that day when she finally heard the psycho's voice.

Aeyoung was so furious that she wanted to cry and laugh at the same time but she managed to put all her hatred in the coldest voice she could muster, "You sick bastard- if I see even a shadow of you near my boys- I will kill you!" she then slammed the phone down so hard that Sejong came running to her.

"What's wrong, Aeyoung-shi?" Sejong was stunned by the look of pure rage on her boss' face and she wasn't likely to forget it anytime soon. "What's wrong?" she asked Aeyoung again. Aeyoung was breathing heavily as she closed her eyes and massaged her temples. But she did answer, "It's a long story..." "Try me..." was all Sejong said.

Aeyoung glared at her secretary's sense of familiarity but in all her worry and anxiety, she still saw through Sejong's desire to help her so she told her secretary everything. "Oh my god!" was all Sejong could say after everything.

Aeyoung stood and crossed her arms over her chest. She looked out at the skyline below and tried not to worry. She had calmed down a bit when she told Sejong everything and she felt relieved that she wasn't alone in protecting the boys anymore. Aeyoung's office was so quiet that when the phone started ringing, both Aeyoung and Sejong jumped a bit and they looked at the phone at the same time.

 Aeyoung nodded at Sejong so she picked it up and said, "Hello?" Sejong immediately held the phone away from her ear because the screeching from the other end was so loud, she scrunched her face and said, "What? – wait a minute, slow down-" "Hello? Who is this?" Aeyoung took the phone from Sejong and answered it herself. "Omo, omo, omo!! Imo, you can't believe where the Bangtan Boys are!!!!" it was Bomi - screaming so loudly while crying hysterically.

Aeyoung blanked out for a second when she heard Bangtan. She gasped as she felt icy fear creep into her heart. 'My boys....' was all she could think of. She quickly turned the tv on and what she saw almost floored her, "Hello we're BTS and we're sorry it took us a long time to come back. But we are here! Please take care of us!!!" Namjoon was speaking for all of them in an interview at a non-disclosed location.

'My boys!! What have you done? Who's going to protect you now? Wae wae wae?' she covered her mouth with her hands as a soundless cry escaped from her. Sejong comforted Aeyoung who was slumped lifelessly against her table, with tears running down her face.