20)

The atmosphere was different than to what you were used to. It was so sudden that it threw you off a bit and made you feel uneasy despite you wanting to prove otherwise. After enduring so much you considered yourself to be tough. And you were since you handled Shadow for not too long.

That was reason enough.

You looked around to see soft pink pedals floating around you as if an breeze passed by and made all the pedals dance. Shifting left and right before slowly cascading down to the ground to join with the rest.

Honestly it was gorgeous. The trees held the beautiful bark of rich brown. The pink just added a lovely tone to it. It was almost like you were in an fantasy love chapter as you breathed in and sighed. What was this doing here? The scenery was nothing like you've seen before around you other than in movies, shows, books and social media.

Did this have an meaning?

You touched the bark of one tree only to find your hand sifting through it like magic as the tree became transparent for a little. It held no physical shape. But it was there!

Confused as you backed away from it, you took another look around as you suddenly saw the atmosphere change once again. The red tint loving tone was shifted as it became gloomy and dark. It was as if something snapped. Like you tripped something and saw something you weren't meant to.

"I love you." You heard from the distance as you turned around, suprised as you searched for who could have spoke, finding nothing. No trace of anyone being around you. Now there was the clear sound of sobbing. It was soon clear to you that this was an dream, or an nightmare judging by the sudden shift.

"Wake.. Up." Before you could figure just a little more on it you were suddenly gone from that weird place as you sat up to feeling hard shaking, startling you awake. "_____! Thank goodness, you finally woke up" You blinked in front of you to see Shadow on top of you watching intently as he kept his hands on your shoulder.

"Shadow?" You questioned as you blushed from looking up at his gaze that made you squirm. "What are you doing in my room?" You then ask only for your lips to be pressed into a sudden kiss as Shadow licked the bottom of your lip. You parted your lips and let him explore as you breathed heavily, unsure of what to think. Both of your tongues fought together with him winning as he kept kissing you.

It was then that he pulled away to stare at you. "____, Do you really have feelings for me?" He asks with his eyes shining. You watched him before nodding as you snuggled close to him. "Of course, I mean. I wouldn't be like this towards you." You stated while rolling your eyes making Shadow chuckle.

He then sat up as he grinned. "In that case.." he started.

"Want to be mine, _____?" Shadow asked while flushing a light pink. You stared at him before looking away as you coughed, embarrassed at the question as you soon looked back at him and smiled. Shadow liked the smile.

"Yeah. Of course i'll be yours." You then said as you cupped his muzzle, patting him when he pulled you close. He kissed your shoulder before he started to suckle on the area there, his tail wagging. "I'm glad, only I can touch you and show who you are meant to be with." He stated before climbing off you and getting off the bed. He grabbed your hand and tugged you off.

"Come on. We have school to get to." He says before he left the room leaving you to sit over the current events. You smiled as you licked your lips and got off, moving over to freshen yourself up and soon heading over to the kitchen as you see your now boyfriend preparing a different breakfast. Pancakes and waffles.

He looked up as soon as he saw you as he smirked before showing what he made. "Wasn't sure which one you liked so I made both. Eat up fast and good. We have dead week before final exams for the semester." He says as he began to scarf on his pancake, only one as he looked at it a little upset like the food angered him. You cocked an brow before leaving him be as you both ate, soon finishing with the dishes in the sink. You grabbed your bag and headed off to class.

Both of your hands were linked together. The two of you were not linked together as you smiled at him and he smirked back at you.

When the two of you arrived to class and sat at your seats, it was then you remembered about you failing the class and you needed a tutor. You were wondering as to who it was as you didn't even notice the instructor calling for you. If it wasn't for Tail's tap on your shoulder, you wouldn't have known till later.

"Oh?" You questioned and stood up, walking towards him as you stood in front of his desk. He handed you a slip and cleared his throat. "This is your tutor. He's not exactly in this class at this hour but he will still be tutoring you as he's one of the top." The professor smiled and soon encouraged you back to your seat. You see the name on the slip and smiled.

Your tutor was Sonic the hedgehog. He's one of the top, huh? Didn't really expect that from him.

Sitting back in your seat, you felt your phone vibrate suddenly as you pulled it out, the lesson hasn't started yet so you had time to see who texted you. Reading the text, you cocked your head and felt a little conflicted.

What did the professor just give you? - Shadow

When did Shadow put his number into your phone? You tried to think back before shrugging and texted him. He seemed a bit demanding to know.

I'm failing this class. I just got a slip for my private tutor. - You

Turning to look over at where Shadow was sitting before, you were suprised to see him not there. Where did he go? You turned to look back to the front of the classroom only to gasp as you see Shadow sitting next to you, grabbing the slip as he looked it over, all his stuff already in front of him.

"Sonic? Sonic is your tutor?" He asks, gritting his teeth as he stared at the name on the slip. He looked furious but he tried to hide it in his expression. Only his voice held the tone. You swallowed. "Well yes, he's a top student in this subject. Sonic will help me out." You smiled.

Shadow rolled his eyes. "Oh come on. Sonic, helping you out on studies? I could have been the one to help you. Not him." He scoffed, crossing his arms, which you rolled your eyes too.

"Shadow relax. It's just Sonic. What's the worst he can do? Bore me to death?" you teased, laughing softly at your own joke, it didn't make Shadow feel any better.

He didn't answer back to it, nor talk to you the rest of the hour. In fact when class ended, he left without you. It seemed he needed his space. What was wrong with Shadow? You shrugged.

Grabbing your stuff as you headed out, you went to the cafeteria to get something to eat before your next hour of class. As you were near the room, you bumped into someone causing you both to groan at the impact. You looked up and smiled.

"Oh hey there, _____! Looks like I'm your tutor. Welcome to lesson one!" Sonic winked, smirking.

Oh this should be fun.

Edited 2/25/20
This is the first chapter holding my slightly new writing style. How did I do?