The dream

Aliah's pov

I felt the concrete roads on my feet as I leaped over the pot holes covering the streets. My friends and I giggled as we were talking about what we wanted to be when we grew older. We were laughing because Dali said she wanted to be an Afghan princess living in a castle on the mountain in the centre of Afghanistan (we were all 13). We all laughed and kepted walking peeking in the shops seeing what we could find.
"Aliah!" Azita shouted at me. I turned my head toward a small tent with a table in the middle, seeing Azita holding a silver chain with a gold snow leopard hanging off of the chain.
I walked quickly over to her and took it by the ends carefully out of her fingers. I admired the beautiful necklace for awhile.
"This please" I said to the guy standing behind the table where Azita found the gorgeous necklace. I handed him the money that I had collected from babysitting my little sister.
"Mother will love this" I thought. We looked around for awhile walking the streets. I peered behind all the shops covering the streets, I saw the light of the sun shining on the cotton candy sky behind it, it was a gorgeous sunset I hadn't seen one like that in a while. I stared at it for a bit.
"It's getting dark, we should head home" I said.
We walked back down the street where we came, leaping over the pot holes like we always do, down the path connecting to the street where my house was on. We all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I walked up the driveway to see my parents sitting on the porch reading, before they came here they were both in America learning to be a teacher, but they came here when they had me because that's where they were originally from. I loved going to school but it's the weekend and I have to wait another day.
"Hi" my mama greeted me snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Hello" I said in return. I walked up the steps of the porch and up to my mother I smiled at her while I pulled the necklace out of my back pocket and held it towards her. She instantly got a huge grin on her face, She took the necklace out of my hands and admired it the same way I did.
"Thank you sweetie" mama said I smiled at her and said your welcome. She hugged me and I finally pulled away.
"Where's my gift?" My papa said sarcastically. I laughed and hugged him we had the same conversation we always do when I come home from the shop like what did you do, did you have fun, who did you go with, what did you buy. I yawned and knew I could be getting tired quickly, I went inside, I closed the door quietly because I knew Daliah (my little sister) was sleeping. We shared a room because it was a small house so that was always hard when I got home later, but she was a heavy sleeper most of the time so it was okay. I snuck into her and my's room set my leather purse beading in the front that mama sewn on the hook on the other side of my door. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth quickly.
I tip-toed back in to my room got under the covers. My eyes drooped closed and soon I was in a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note: sorry this was a really short chapter I'm not very good at writing and I don't know how to stretch out my chapters Sorry. XD
But I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!!
Thank you so much for reading!!