Ch3 Blessings

"Go ahead, let them off their leashes, they're dying to explore," Nonna motioned to my dogs, "I already have furniture covers on everything." Bless little old ladies. But really, to heck with the dogs, I want to see!

"Geh," and they were off like bats out of hell exploring. I guess that's what they do when you give them the go ahead. Deep breath and in I stepped. Holy crap, can we say windows?! Floor to ceiling windows EVERYWHERE, I don't think there are any walls here. Even the stairwell leading up to a sort of second floor within a floor was lined with windows.

To my right there was a massive open area without any walls, it was only cordoned off by the furniture within. There where two large, wrap around sofas which were each in front of their own entertainment center. They had been carefully covered with a thick, fitted sofa sheet in mat black. I have to say, the pillows were a little brightly colored but in a good way. The sofas were on opposing sides of the large room so as to minimize noise overlap. Between them was a black loveseat, also tastefully fitted with a cover and colorful pillows, facing outwards for a view of the city. In the center of the room was a fair sized coffee table surrounded on three sides by six very comfortable yet modern looking black chairs. On the farthest side of the room was a small coffee table and two of the same chairs in a more private setting.

I'll admit to being a bit of a black and white fanatic back in New York. My floors were so black that they gleamed with a terrifying amount of malevolence. My couches were stark white. I even had the cliche maroon accents and let me tell you, their used so much because they look awesome. And yes, white couches and dogs are as much of a pain in the ass as they might seem.

This room took my exactness and kinda turned it into chaos. The floor was a sort of light gray and lacked all seams which oddly pleased my OCD tendencies. While the couches stayed in tune with the black against white, their pillows were so rainbowy (that's a word now). I feel like the pillows might have to get separated out, blues with blues, red with reds, but I'll admit, the mixed colors has its own appeal. Even the chair with deep purple and sunshine yellow pillows looked okay in a strange way, kinda like a Johnny Jump Up flower. The whole room was maddening with it's sun burn inducing amount of light and clown puke pillows. I still like it though.

After taking in the cacophony of color on my right, I turned to inspect my kitchen. Points for being quite vast first and foremost and more points to a hugely unique floor. The floor in this area was made entirely of mosaic flowers. Gorgeous designs and mandala like accuracy, I need this back in New York. All of the kitchen hardware was gleaming with newness and obvious expense. In the kitchen there was a small table, almost cruelly placed on the mosaic, with two chairs presumably for casual eat ins. The windows weren't quite as extensive as in the living area but they were counter top to ceiling. Separating the kitchen from the dining room was an island and wet bar, fully stocked I might add. Bless little old ladies.

The dining room was a tad more my style. The light gray floor continued into this room but was covered with a black Persian rug. I can honestly say I loved the rug. It's background color was a solid black but what made it remarkable was the intricate white overlay designs. The table was white as were the surprisingly comfortable looking chairs. Again, floor to ceiling windows that flooded the room with natural burn inducing light, except for the small area walled off by mirrors that hid the powder room. I never thought I would live in a house where I might have to put on sunscreen to sit in my own living or dining rooms.

"Well?" Nona inquired, "how do you like it?"

And before thinking, "It's odd. Like the mauve tiling in my first apartment odd." Oh wow, I think I finally stumped her. They always did call me the strange one.