Beside You - LH

Luke's Pov:

Sometimes being on tour is hard. I hate being away from my Brooklyn. Every time I go I always miss her and with her living in LA and working and me performing we can't Skype as much. We do text but its hard I wish she was with me.

I hadn't texted her in about 2 weeks and she hadn't texted me, I was worried but I guess she has been busy and I have too with all the performances. And now I am even more busy as we have been assigned to perform a longer concert so that means we need to do more songs. I have no time and I feel bad for not keeping in contact. We are performing in LA tonight and we have so much preparation to do.

'Luke come on its time for voice warm ups.' My manager called out. I sighed as I looked at my phone and quickly typed to Brooklyn.

Hi, I hope everything is ok, sorry I haven't talked as much I love you baby x

I then left my phone in the dressing room and ran on stage.

Micheal's Pov:

As Luke was doing vocal warm ups I was busy getting ready for the show. I was eating pizza and dancing to music. Until I got interrupted by a phone, I walked over to the phone to see Luke's mum Liz was calling him as the caller ID was 'Mommy <3'. I decided to answer the call as Luke was busy to make sure everything was ok.

M: Hey Mrs Hemmings

L: Hey Mikey

M: Is everything ok?

L: Honey is Luke there

M: Liz what is wrong?

L: (crying) Please just get Luke, honey

M: He is doing vocal warm-ups I can't really interrupt him

L: PLEASE JUST PUT HIM ON THE PHONE ITS ABOUT BROOKLYN

M: Um ok what happened?

L: Just get Luke, Micheal.

I searched around for Luke and made my way towards the stage, I couldn't hear Luke singing which made me very curious. I bumped into Ashton while walking on stage.

'Hey man are you ok? Who's on the phone?' He asked.

'Um Liz, is Luke around? I questioned.

'No he just went out.' Ashton replied.

'Wait where? I have his phone.'

'I don't know he didn't say whats wrong?' He asked concerned.

'Its something about Brooklyn and I have a gut feeling its not good.' I replied.

'Ok well we need to find him.' Ashton sounded determined. I returned to the phone.

M: He has randomly gone out and left his phone as I am on it we are gonna look for him ok I will get him to call you back.

L: ok Mikey please do, its urgent, bye.

M: ok, Bye.

I hung up.

I placed down the phone and alot of worry rush through me, whats wrong with Brooklyn? I hope nothing  too bad it will break Luke but also all of us because I knew Brooklyn before they even got together, I have known her since she was a baby and 4 years ago she had found Luke and its probably the most happiest I have seen her.

I proceeded to sit on the couch with my leg bouncing up and down. Where the hell are you Luke? Such good timing.
We had been looking round for about an hour and there was no sign of him and we had like 5 minutes until we were going to perform, I can't tell him now it will ruin the performance. I was still looking for him until I heard his voice-

'Ready to do this guys!' He said excitedly. I looked over to Ashton and he gave me the look to tell him I just couldn't so I shook my head. We started to head towards the stage until I felt someone pull me back, it was Ashton.

'Dude, why didn't you tell him?' He said frustrated.

'Because he would worry and then get upset and I just don't want him to go on stage like that.' I replied.

'Oh no Mikey, promise you will tell him afterwards, straight away.' Ashton pleaded.

'Yeah I will.' Then we all headed on stage.

As we were finally coming to the end of the performance my mind was still not in focus from the guilt and worry in my head but now we are about to perform 'Beside You' and this will probably nearly make me want to cry because this song reminds Luke of Brooklyn every time he performs it and the story can make a grown man want to cry because its Luke and Brooklyn they were perfect.

We finally finished the performance, adrenaline running through us but I needed to tell him.

'WOOOOO.' Luke cheered as we walked behind stage, he was happy and now I might ruin that.

'Luke.' I said, he didn't listen for the first time. 'Luke.' I raised my voice even more, he turned to look at me.

'What's wrong?' Luke asked. I frowned.

'Micheal what's wrong?' He asked again with more concern.

'Your mum called.' I managed to get out. 'I have been trying to look for you and tell you all night.'

'Whats wrong with my mum? Is she hurt? Has something bad happened?' He fired tonnes of questions at me.

'No its Brook-'

He interrupted me. 'NO, not my Brookie, what happened?' He shouted with tears in his eyes.

'I don't know but your mom wants to talk to you urgently.' I said truthfully. Luke then left to his dressing room to find his phone we didn't decide to follow him because he needs his privacy. From his room we could hear his voice get louder then all of a sudden very quiet. Everyone was nervous and the atmosphere was happy but now sad. Suddenly a loud bang made us all jump and some footsteps came from the corridor. The door swung open to see Luke with tears in his eyes. He walked a few steps forward until he broke down. We all ran over to him and I was the first to hug him.

'My Brookie  ss-he's been r-rushed to h-hospital.' He sobbed into my shoulder.

'Hey, it will be ok.' Calum tried to reassure him by rubbing his back with a worried look.

'N-no I n-need to go h-home now.' He managed to say. 'I can't bare not to be there.'

I looked up to all of the boys and nodded. Ashton walked over to his laptop to start looking for flights as I kept hugging Luke and letting a few tears out too. Calum on the other hand was still trying to process all of this as we were all close to Brooklyn it all affected us but especially Luke.

'There is a flight at 3 am.' Ashton said as he looked over to me.

'Ok, book it.' I replied. 'Book four tickets.'

Part 2?
Thanks for Reading, Moo x