Chapter 2

Chapter Two

--Brooklyn's point of view--

I woke up to see Niall was still there, already awake. I kissed his cheek and smiled softly. "Morning Nialler" He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead softly

"Morning, love" he chuckled softly "Sleep good?" I nodded "Good" he smiled "Want something to eat?" I shook my head subtly, not really hungry.

"I-I'm not hungry." It was true. I hadn't really been hungry since what happened yesterday. The only thing I've felt since then is depression. It's coming back I know it. The worst part is I can't stop it. It takes over me. It controls me. Niall knows this. That's why he's always so protective over me. He doesn't want me to get hurt.

"Brooklyn, when's the last time you ate?" I had to think for a second, I truly couldn't remember, so I just shrugged. "You need some food, love; c'mon let's go get some." I sighed and nodded, not wanting to eat, but I wanted to make Niall happy.

"Okay." I started to get up off the bed when Niall picked me up and carried me downstairs to the kitchen. I clung to him tightly, not because I was afraid to fall but I was afraid of losing him too, I wanted to be as close to him as I could before he inevitably leaves me. Everyone eventually does. He set me down in a chair and started to make bacon from my fridge. I sighed softly, quiet enough that he couldn't hear me.

When he was finished, he handed me a plate with two strips of bacon on it.

"I get you don't want to eat but please just eat this you need some kind of food in your body please" He looked up at me and I could see the worry in his eyes, so I nodded. He smiled softly and kissed my cheek, sitting down next to me.

I ate the bacon slowly, picking it apart, but I did eat it, just to make Niall happy. He took my plate and washed it. "Thank you" I smiled up at him.

"Anything for you, love." He smiled back at me. "I'm gonna take a quick shower, you think you'll be okay on your own for a bit?"

"Yeah I think I'll be fine" I nodded and he went to the upstairs bathroom to take a shower. I went and got my phone off its charger and sat on the couch, quickly scanning through my texts from last night. There were two texts from Ashton. I bit my lip but decided not to read them until Niall came back. I put down my phone and turned on the tv as Niall came back downstairs with wet hair, only in his boxers

"Hey babe, everything okay while I was gone" He smiled over at me and I shrugged

"I-I got two texts from Ashton.. I don't want to see them until you read them first.." I watched his face fall as he nodded, and I handed him my phone.

I watched as he unlocked it and opened my conversation with Ashton, his deep blue eyes scanning the texts. I've always loved his eyes. The way they light up when he gets excited and how there's always a little sparkle in them. Brooklyn stop it, you don't love Niall like that. He's your best friend that isn't right. I shook my head subtly as I saw him look up from the phone in his hand.

"What did it say?" I looked up at him, my eyes meeting his. He bit his lip and I saw him hesitate for a moment before handing me my phone

"You should read them yourself." He sat down next to me and placed his hand on my back comfortingly. I nodded and looked down at the phone. The two texts were already up on the screen.

Yesterday 12:26 PM - only three hours after we broke up.

I'm sorry

Yesterday 3:47 AM -

Please call me, we need to talk, I want you back

I shook my head and sighed as I read the last message. "he was probably drunk or something..." I mumbled. Niall nodded and sighed softly.

He looked at me. "Ashton didn't deserve you. He didn't treat you like you're supposed to be treated. You need someone who could treat you right" His eyes looked down at me as a small smile appeared on my face.

"How do you always manage to make me smile" A small giggle escaped my lips as I cuddled against him

He smirked and shrugged, chuckling softly. "Maybe it's just because I love you"

My eyes widened but I knew not to take it in the serious way. He meant it in a friend way and I knew it. He didn't really love me. "I love you too" I managed to get out, resting my head on his shoulder.

I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me onto his lap. We stayed like that for a few minutes silently, cuddled against each other before Niall spoke up softly "I'm really sorry about what happened with Ashton."

I shook my head softly as I found myself saying "It wasn't meant to be, I just need time to move on to another guy, and hopefully the next one will be the one to treat me right, maybe even get married.."

Niall nodded and kissed the top of my head softly "It'll all be okay, love" My eyes flutter closed but I didn't fall asleep, as it was still morning, but I just relaxed against his chest. I heard his voice sing softly in my ear.

"This is the start of something beautiful, This is the start of something new, And you are the one that makes me lose it all, and you are the start of something new, oh"

I recognized the song. It was one of my favorite songs. This by Ed Sheeran. He knew it was my favorite. I smiled as he finished the song. "You're amazing" He whispered quietly in my ear

--Niall's Point Of View--

She didn't know when I told her, I really meant it. I did love her. I wanted her to be mine and only mine, but I knew she needed time to calm down from her breakup, but I was going to do it. I was going to ask her to be mine. Not today. But I would. As soon as she told me she was over him completely, I would do it.

I really do mean it when I say I love her. She's absolutely amazing, no one could compare to how perfect she was. I would get her, she just needs time to think first.

A while later I looked at the time. The clock on her wall showed 3:57. I sighed quietly. "baby.." I looked down at her "I gotta go, my mom wanted me home soon." she looked up at me with those green eyes that I love, full of understanding.

"alright, tell her I said hi" she shot me a weak smile and separated her tiny body from mine.

about a half hour later, I reached my house, only to find the one person I definitely did not want to see.