Eleven

Fifth Grade. New Beginnings. New Friends. Big grade compared to elementary school.

Going from a class of twenty to a class of 120. That was new to me. I was starting out with no friends. Bristol and I weren't in any of the same classes. I hadn't even seen her. She was nowhere to be seen to me that whole year. At the start of fifth grade, I sat in the back of the classroom. After I sat down two people who looked like giants compared to me, sat down in the desks next to me. Later that day at cross country practice, I found out their names were Cora and Emma. They were twins. Again I was about 4'6 and they were about 5'5. I'm still short and all, but I will always have to look up no matter who I'm talking to. 

Fifth grade was kinda like amateur hour. Nobody knew what they were doing and everyone was trying to make friends. There again, sat me in the corner. Cora, Emma, and I were becoming close friends and still, Sydney took them in the other direction. It's still like that today. They know you need someone to talk to, but they don't want to abandon their lifelong friend. I get that, but sometimes I wish they would just stick up for themselves and go their own way. To not do what someone wants them to do. 

Kassidy and I were somewhat friends. We got close and then we started to separate with only having math together. We were the smart ones in our class; believe it or not. Ever since I was little the only subject I was good at was math.

At home, things didn't get any easier. My dad was 10000000000% drunk and he always beat me and my oldest sister. Our other sister he never touched. It was like he cared about her more. Everything I did was wrong. I was adopted so I knew I wasn't related. I am the smartest of the three. My two sisters are my foster sisters but everyone says I look like them. However, we aren't related.