Expecto Patronum

A  L  B  U  S    S  E  V  E  R  U  S    P  O  T  T  E  R

S  C  O  R  P  I  U  S    H  Y  P  E  R  I  O  N    M  A  L  F  O  Y

A L B U S

Albus wished he could take them back.

Of all the things that he'd said and he'd done, he had never in his entire life, ever so immensely regretted speaking certain things and performing certain action towards his one and only best friend. To him, they were reasonably obnoxious and indefensible. And he hated himself for it. He couldn't even bring himself to forgive himself, let alone ask Scorpius to let him off the hook. After all, it was his fault – his egocentric, tactless fault.

Perhaps none of it would ever had happened had Scorpius not dated Albus' cousin, Rose, ever since they were in their fifth year. Perhaps none of it would ever had happened had Albus kept his mouth shut and his thoughts straight.

None of it would ever had happened had Albus not been in love with his own best friend for three years.

But then he couldn't exactly control his own emotions. They were rowdy, blaring from all corners of his head. They always had been, blooming like a flower from who knew when and blasting like fireworks as he grew older. What he knew for certain was that the feeling was always there, and he hadn't had the faintest idea on when it all started. Scorpius was always – always – a genial boy, even in his first year at Hogwarts, despite all the taunts directed at him, despite the rumours. Scorpius Malfoy was that resilient.

So Albus wasn't exactly surprised when Rose Granger-Weasley – after declining his offer of dating back in their fourth year – approached him during the beginning of their fifth year to reconsider her thoughts. Scorpius had been very thrilled then – they both had been, in fact, up to the point where Albus had to give him relationship advices despite never being in a relationship himself. But the exhilaration on Albus' part didn't last, especially when Scorpius Malfoy and Rose Granger-Weasley became official.