Chapter One

~Chapter One~

Anastasia hummed softly to herself as she gathered up the files she had in her arms as she walked down the stairs form the principles office. She'd just been told that there was a new librarian and she needed him to sign a few things first. She sighed before she jumped down from the second last step and she stood up straight after she landed, the skirt of her long dress fall to the ground around her feet before she began to head over to the library. She raised a hand and knocked on the door a few times, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear as she reached for the pen that was resting in the top of one of the files.

Desimune Victorian hardly seemed like your typical image of a librarian, standing amoungst the stacks of books and rows of shelves as he was. From head to toe, he was dressed not like a middle class working man, but an aristocrat of rather old money. Though the truest oddity lay in the black silk wraped twice across his face to cover his eyes. Even with it he seemed to know exactly where he was moving. A knock at the libary doors had him pulling his head from a box of books, black and red hair whipping about his face at the sudden movement.

"Enter." His voice was rich, cultured, and lay in the area somewhere amidst baritone and tenor that often made one wonder if he sang at all.

She smiled a little as she was admitted entrance before she reached forward and she grasped the handle in her delicate hand. She turned it once counter-clockwise and pushed the door forward before she walked inside carefully.

"Hello? Is there a...Mr Victorian in here?" she called out as she looked down at the form before her, one she had gotten from the Headmaster about the new librarian so that she knew what was going on and so that she could get any extra contact information that the school needed.

"That would be me." He strode the few steps around the bookshelf he'd been working on filling with books on the history of music. He face her directly, despite the blindfold cutting off any possibility of seeing her.

"Desimune Victorian, at your service. And you are?" He asked even as he strode up towards her and gave a half bow, one hand extended to take hers in his own and kiss the back off it. He was far less a librarian, and far more a traditional aristocratic gentleman.

She blinked as he came out from the bookshelves and she tilted her head. She watched him before she blinked as she spotted the blindfold and she almost dropped her files. She caught them before they could start falling and she quickly turned to face him properly, holding out her hand to him.

"Anastasia. Anastasia Devonshire. Pleasure to meet you Mr Victorian," she said to him as she smiled before she gestured to the files in her hand.

"I'm sorry about this but I just need to get a few things straightened out with contact details and such for the school," she said to him.

He kissed the back of her hand with nothing more than a featherlight brush of his lips before straightening, a kind smile gracing his features.

"Of course Miss Devonshire. Anything at all that you need. To be quite frank, I was rather glad that the headmaster was so willing to agree to my terms of employment. It's rather dull for me having no actual need to work, and books have always rather been a passion of mine." Though how that could be with a blindfold over his eyes was for anyone to wonder. He swept one hand out the side, gesturing to the desk that sat in the front of the library, already stacks with a few books, paperwork for teachers to order books they needed, a computer, and a rather lavish tea set.

"I was actually about to break for some tea, perhaps you would care to join me? I find tea makes even tedious paperwork the slightest bit more enjoyable."