I 10 I Fan Boy

Fan Boy

Raphael was worked to intense exhaustion. This was a lot of work. The photographing. Trying on clothes. Posing. Dance practice and the director yelling around and making them do rerun after rerun.

But Raphael was enjoying himself. The group was fun and friendly. Of course they made him sing which he didn't mind. Yet no one in the world knew of his existence yet. Everything was under wraps still and Raphael recalled standing outside as Cynthia arrived early in the morning as she always did. Dressed in fashionable clothes. Usually with a jacket of some sort on and converses.

But there would be a barrage of fans holding signs wanting to get their picture taken. Yet the fans all had to stay behind the barrier. Several pushed and squeezed to get a good look as she would get out of the car. Some would cry out.

"I'm single!" or "Will you marry me?!"

She would just smile and wave to them and shake her head and walk off to get to work.

Raphael though was just taken as another one of the many employees who worked here moving boxes around. Raphael did carry things. He always helped out when he could. During his breaks and everything. He wanted to help out.

"Thanks again man" said an elder gentlemen who was carting a palm tree to stage nine on the third floor.

"No problem. Anytime" said Raphael smiling.

"Hahaha! You get back to it. I've got it from here. I don't want to keep you" said the man shaking Raphael's hand.

Raphael made his way back to the dance practice studio. It wasn't too far. But this place was massive. Raphael had walked the wrong way a few times yet he managed to find his way around. He knew the whole layout now pretty much. His internal GPS system only let him go so far.

Raphael found himself stop though as he saw flashes and heard clicks on a stage off in the gardens. He raised his head looking. There she was. Posing around with multiple girls and going through shots. The way she quirked her eyebrow. That was... cute. The way Cynthia shifted her hips. She noticed Raphael looking towards her and she seemed to smile wider.

"Yes! Yes! That's perfect!" said the artist clicking the camera. The women in their heels making laughter and cracking jokes at one another.

Raphael found himself coming closer to the stage watching from behind all the cameras. He watched quietly. He had a bit of time. Besides he hadn't spoken with Cynthia in days. He sort of....he didn't really know how to describe it. It sort of felt wrong.

"Alright ladies thank you. I just need a few of only Cynthia. With the bird" said the photographer.

Bird? That was strange. But Cynthia didn't seem to mind as she sat back down in the chair the white owl placed on her glove.

Raphael felt himself start to turn red as she lifted her head smoothly brushing a strand of her blonde hair into place

Raphael felt himself start to turn red as she lifted her head smoothly brushing a strand of her blonde hair into place. Her eyes enchanting him and legs crossed. "There! There! Beautiful!" said the photographer snapping pictures

Cynthia moved glaring with suspicion quirking her professionally done eyebrows, "Magnifico! Ha! Such talent!" exclaimed the photographer.

Cynthia prused her lips as if to kiss the owl bringing him closer. It looked good. But.... then came the bird poop. Cynthia raised her eyebrows looking down at the white dress that the bird had stained.

She smiled, "You're nervous aren't you?" she teased.

"Aye! Crap!" hissed the photographer having gotten a few shots off. But now the outfit was ruined. Even as someone took the bird away and began to try to wipe off the bird poo off.

"Sorry Mat" said Cynthia smiling apologetically.

Mat sighed crossing his arms with tattoos all over them, "It's alright. I have more than enough to work with. You can go change. Thank you for your lovely work" said Mat embracing her kindly. He was an old man who knew his way around the business and it wasn't the first time he had worked with Cynthia. Eleven years now.

"Thank you for letting me work with you again" replied Cynthia.

"It's a pleasure every time. Tell your uncle he still owes me money"

Cynthia laughed, "I'll be sure to remind him"

Raphael waited not really realizing that Cynthia was coming towards him. He blinked, she was making her way over directly towards him. In those black heels and white attire. Her long slender legs moving gracefully.

"Why hello there" said Cynthia smiling.

"Hi...hi..." managed Raphael.

"A little flustered are we?" laughed Cynthia.

"What? Um....well.... I'm still a little nervous in this place" said Raphael.

"I know. It must be a lot for you. All thrown at you at once" said Cynthia. She then hit him playfully in the shoulder, "But hey, congratulations. Your music video is going to be the hit! It's incredible!" said Cynthia.

"You've seen it?" asked Raphael.

Cynthia winked, "Kyu always makes me watch it before it's uploaded to You Tube" said Cynthia.

"He must really value your input" said Raphael.

"Meh... maybe. But the flip you did was really cool! I can't dance worth a darn" said Cynthia.

"Of course you can" said Raphael.

Cynthia shook her head, "Not like that. I am such a klutz really. I keep tripping in flats and heels. I have no coordination" she confessed laughing.

"Prove it" said Raphael. He didn't believe it.

Cynthia laughed, "What's there to prove? I can't dance" she said.

"It's not hard" said Raphael doing a bit spinning, "See?" he asked.

Cynthia quirked her eyebrow. Raphael did as well. Cynthia switched. Raphael followed feeling his lips grow into a smile. Cynthia giggled, "That was pretty good" she said. "What raising an eyebrow?" asked Raphael.

"Not everyone can do it" said Cynthia.

 "Oh....should I not be able to?" asked Raphael.

"Oh no, no, its a compliment" said Cynthia laughing.

Raphael laughed, "Oh my bad" he replied.

Cynthia looked at Raphael, "Well...uh...I should go change. I'll see you around" said Cynthia waving.

"Yeah...umm...I should get back too. Which way was it?" muttered Raphael.

"Just through that door over there and your second left" said Cynthia pointing.

"Ah than-" "Thank you" whispered Raphael seeing Cynthia already walk off.

Raphael was about to go when he heard a sharp, "Nah-ah-ah boy."