A Stroke of Fate.

Crowded high school hallways are an unlikely place for someone's life to change but fate has funny little ways of making things happen. 

Wesley was rushing through the hallway with an arm full of books, hoping to get to his class before the bell rung. He was hardly looking where he was going which proved to be a horrible mistake when he ran directly into Silas, causing him to loose his balance and fall backward with a surprisingly satisfying thud. 

"I'm so sorry!" he nearly shouted as he looked up to meet Silas' eyes. The other boy looked annoyed but that was nothing new. Wesley collected his books and got to his feet without the help of Silas, not that he had offered any in the first place. The blonde lowered his eyes as he brushed past the other and continued rushing off to class, much more careful this time.

He walked into class and took his usual seat in the front row as he caught his breath. Wesley placed a hand on his chest to feel his rapid heartbeat and he chuckled softly at how frantically he had ran to the class. The loud ringing of the bell pulled the boy from his thoughts and he straightened his posture as the history teacher waddled to the board, ready to begin the lesson of the day. 

Nearly fifteen minutes after the class started the door swung open and Silas walked in without a word. Wesley had forgotten that he and Silas shared this class, since he sat in the front and the other seemed to always sit in the very back near the windows. 

The teacher mumbled under his breath as he watched Silas stroll toward the back of the class and he found that it was the perfect time to announce that the class would be doing a project that would require partnership. He looked around the room and began pairing the students up with one another and then his eyes locked onto Silas.

"You'll be working with Wesley. Maybe he'll rub off on you and you'll start coming to my class on time." 

"Shit." Silas whispered as he collected his things and moved to the front row to sit next to the blonde haired boy. "Just because we're working together doesn't mean we're going to be friends, got it?" 

Wesley only nodded and shifted awkwardly in his seat. Completing this project would be a difficult task for them both from the looks of things.