40-The Big Wheel

I take Makoto's hand, both of us covered in spaghetti sauce. That really didn't go very well.

"That didn't go according to plan." he rubs the back of his neck.

"I don't mind." I insist.

"That was meant to be romantic." he grimaces. I giggle.

"Now it's a funny memory." I take out my phone and stand on my toes, snapping a photo of the two of us.

"What was that for?" Makoto asks.

"So I'll remember our first date." I reply.

"Aoi, that was the worst way that date could have gone." he huffs, still smiling.

"I don't care." I press.

"Let me make it up to you." he begs.

"What do you have in mind?" I cock a cerulean brow.

"Do you want to go to the fair tomorrow?" he asks.

"The funfair?" I clarify. He nods.

"I would totally understand if you don't want to..." I cut him off.

"I think it would be a great idea, are you intending to take Ren and Ran?" I ask.

"My parents want me to." he hangs his head.

"Might as well let them be used to me." I shrug. "Since I'm bound to be around them more because this date was amazing and I can't wait for another."

His face reddens. I giggle. "Y-you mean that? You want to go out again even after the mess we made of the Lady and the Tramp scene at the restaurant?"

I nod eagerly. "That was so much fun!" I enthuse.

Beep. Beep.

"That'll be my dad." he rubs the back of his neck.

"I'll go to you tomorrow." I state. "What time is good for you?" I ask.

"Say eleven?" he asks.

"Sounds good to me." I nod, kissing him briefly on the lips.

He hiccups. "I'll see you at eleven then." he nods.

"See you then." I wave.

    ~(^v^)~ Time Skip ~(^v^)~

Knock. Knock. Knock. The door before me opens.

"Hello Aoi dear. Makoto, Ren and Ran should be ready soon. Come in."Mrs Tachibana greets, holding the door open to me. I bow before walking in.

"Hello again miss Ryugazaki." Mr Tachibana greets, feet on the coffee table. Ren and Ran are lounging about on the living room floor.

"Aoi!" they cheer, standing up and charging toward me. I laugh.

"Meow." I whisper to each of them in turn.

"Makoto sweetie, Aoi's here." his mum calls upstairs.

"You can come up here you know Aoi." Makoto laughs. I blush.

"Aoi honey you can go upstairs." Mrs Tachibana sooths. I nod.

"Haha! Meowie's afraid of the stairs!" Ran points and laughs.

"Go on Meowie, prove Ran wrong!" Ren encourages. I smile at the kids, lightly and cautiously climbing upstairs to the landing, feeling like an intruder. My eyes veer around the doors to find Makoto's door. Of course his door would have his name written on it in kanji and the writing would be green. I knock on his door.

"Come in Aoi." Makoto laughs.

"Hai." I nod, pushing the door open.

"You look great. As usual." he complements. I blush, today I'm wearing a floaty violet shirt and darkwash shorts with my boots with my hair down for a change however in my bag I have a hair bobble encase I need it.