Chapter 3

Charlotte's POV.

I rushed into the shower before Luca. It's always a race to see who gets there first.

I slipped off my clothes and turned on the water as I stepped in.

I had to be quick, only 5 minutes until the barbecue. Fuck, we couldn't be there on time.

After a minute or so, I got out and dryed myself. I wrapped the towel around me and half-ran into our bedroom.

"3 minutes, Charl. We obviously won't make it exactly at 6."

I nodded. "I know. But it doesn't mean we can slow down," I said, taking out my red sundress and flipflops.

I dropped the towel and started getting changed.

Luca stared at me.

"What?" I asked, quite annoyed at the fact he kept watching me. "Luca, you've seen me naked before, get over yourself." I said, getting more and more annoyed and stressed at the fact we'll be late.

He blushed, grabbing his phone on the desk.

I smoothed out my dress, slipped into my flipflops and brushed out my hair.

I took my foundation and brush before slapping some on. I grabbed a bag, before stuffing in some cash and more makeup that I'd put on after.

Luca took me by my shoulders.

"Charl. Breathe. Calm down, we're late. Okay? They won't mind."

I sighed.

Taking the makeup from my bag, I went into the bathroom and did it in there, before Luca and I headed to the beach.

Honestly, we were only about 15 minutes late.

In the distance, I saw about 6 people with Emily, some huddled around the barbecue, others at the picnic table.

"I'm sorry I was being such a bitch." I said to Luca, turning to him, still probably out of sight from Emily.

"You weren't." He said, kissing me on the lips, grinning.

I smiled as we walked down, until Emily had spotted us.

"Hey, guys!" She said, brushing her long, frizzy hair out of her eyes.

"Hi Emily, sorry we're a little late." Luca said, his arm around my shoulder.

"No worries, you came just in time for the burgers and steaks!" Smiled Derek, suddenly coming over.