Fourteen

Daisy's P.O.V

I watched out of the corner of my eye as Matt exited the building with Katrina. I decided I would catch up with her later. She'd probably wait for me. Right? I turned my attention to Paul.

 "I think it's fate, us meeting like this." He smiles.

 "I think so too." I smiled.

 "So, what are you doing here? Are they your friends?" He gestured to the boys, who were all gawping at Paul and I. They all looked amazed. Except Chris. He looked distracted. Unfocused. Sad.

"Yeah. Sorry if they're staring. They love Doctor Who. Big nerds, like myself."

 "Shall we go over and say hello?"

 "Uhh...sure." I didn't want to seem rude, I guess.

We walked over to where the boys were stood. Paul shook each of their hands, and I squeezed in between him and Chris on the bench. Chris made sure to avoid eye contact with both me and Paul.

 "So, what are your names?" He smiles.

 "Dan, Phil, PJ and Chris, meet Paul. I'm sure you know him, already."

They all nod eagerly, whilst Chris just mumbles to himself. I nudge him with my elbow and shoot him a look.

We talked for at least an hour before Paul announcing he had to leave. He shook hands with the boys and left them to pay for the rest of the meal. I stood up with Paul, and stood outside the door to the restaurant.

 "Well, this has been nice." I smile.

 "Yes. It's refreshing to meet a fan who's just...I don't know. Wholesome?"

 "That's the best word you could come up with?"

 "I've had too much wine." He grinned, his head in his hands for a moment. I laughed.

 "Is it too cliche to ask for your number?" He asked.

 "Yeah. But it isn't cliche if I ask for yours." I smiled.

We swapped phones and inputted our numbers into the phones.

 "Well, till next time, mi amigo." He smiled, kissing my cheek, walking to catch up with Matt.

I turned to find Katrina looking at me with wide eyes. I grinned and berely stopped myself from squealing.

 "Tell me everything!" We said at the same time.