June 1 -- #TeamZeeThursday

June 1 -- Tell the people a little about yourself and why you write zombie fiction

So, my name is Adam, better known by my unique last name, Sigrist. I've been writing zombie fiction for years, mostly here on Wattpad. There was once a time when I was approached by a publisher and we printed my main series The Zombie Prophecies. It was amazing to have my name on a book, but the publisher required me to take the story off of Wattpad. Needless to say, my readers responded very negatively to this move. I received some nasty messages from people who thought they deserved to read my work for free. However, I also received some very touching messages from people who loved reading, they just simply couldn't afford to buy books. In the end, I decided that there's something beautiful about offering my stories for free so I returned my series to its Wattpad home.

As for why I enjoy writing zombie fiction? I know it sounds funny but I honestly think that through zombie stories you can really explore and challenge what people consider "humanity." What happens to humanity when civilization dies? Do good people stay good? Do bad people become worse? What kinds of people take the time to help or hurt others at the end of the world when the rule of law is dead? These are some pretty important questions to answer when you're writing zombie fiction and they also can help you sort out the different kinds of people who exist in the world.

Not to mention, zombies are bad ass.