June 5 -- #MadDashMonday

When they came, we thought we were ready. We were protected by a wall, a maze of traps, and the best trained soldiers the New World had ever seen. There was no way any of us could have seen this coming. Red lights in the hallways, people screaming, guns firing. You were by my side through it all, your fingers wrapped tightly around mine.

I wasn't sure which way to go. The base had so many hallways and we weren't really allowed down most of them. This wasn't the time for rules though, we could go wherever we wanted to, wherever we needed to to survive. I could hear the sound of hungry, gurgling groans. I barely saw them coming, two rotting zombies were running with a frantic gait towards us. Before I could react, you fired on them and they went down. Despite the high level terror all around us, I couldn't help but feel proud of you.

We ran past a door and it swung open, breaking us apart. I fell to the ground and you turned to save me but you were too late. A wall of zombies came pouring into the hall through the now opened door, I didn't have a chance.

I called out for you as you ran. I didn't really want you to stop for me, I knew it was over, I was done, you still had a chance. I just needed you to know that you were the last thing on my mind as they shredded my flesh from my bones.