XXVII- Yet Another One

Jason's POV

I was only wishing for the best when Alaina lay on the table, her stomach covered in the gel.

As a silent prayer ran through my mind, I heard the nurse telling Alaina something. But it didn't matter. Right now, the well-being of my wife and unborn child mattered the most.

And then my eyes fell on the ultrasound screen. There was my baby.

It looked very small, about the size of a turnip. The small hands and feet were developing, and I could see the outline very faintly.

I felt tears lacing my eyes. I continued staring at the screen until the nurse took away the thingy and wiped off all the gel. I got up and hugged Alaina tightly.

"Thank you." I whispered in her ear.

"For what?" She asked, pulling back and ruffling my hair.

"For carrying this baby. This wonderful miracle." I almost cried, before hugging her again. She rubbed my back soothingly.

The nurse knocked on the open door. "If you are done, here is the ultrasound copy." I pulled back and carefully took the brown envelope.

"Would you like to know the gender of the baby in the next appointment or at birth?" The nurse asked.

I looked at Alaina, and I let her get the answer. "We'll know at birth. Thank you." She smiled, getting up from the bed. I helped her get off and we walked out of the room, me holding her hand and the envelope in my other hand.

Alaina's POV

"Where are you taking me, Jason?" I asked, as he dragged me yet again out of the hospital.

"Another surprise Alaina." He just gave me a huge grin before he took me towards the parking lot of the hospital.

My feet were a bit tired from all the walking. I told Jason. "Jason, my feet are kinda tired, so can we just rest- woah!" I yelled out as Jason's strong arms lifted me as he carried me bridal style.

"Any problem, young lady?" He asked, when I was fake glaring at him.

"None, sir." I sneered jokingly.

"I thought so." He laughed, before running all the way to the SUV. How did this man have the power to lift a 155 pound woman, with no help at all?

I guess he was gymming his life away. Whatever, I was just going to enjoy the moment.

Soon, I was seated in the car, and Jason beside me. He never let go of my hand. I had a quiet smile on my face as I put one hand on my stomach. Suddenly, without me knowing, these two became my world. And nothing would shatter it-

Tringg! Jason's phone rang. He reluctantly let go of my hand, and they felt like they lost some warmth.

I silently cursed the person who called him, interrupting our peaceful moment. Those swears became double when I heard the name Jason said.

"Yeah Barbie." He said, bored.

Still, I couldn't stop my jealousy from brimming. I felt like I was this far from grabbing his phone and screaming my head away at that dumb blonde.

Yeah, she might be beautiful, but I had brains. She didn't even have a damn college degree for God's sake!

Yeah, that's right, I did a full-blown research on that woman. Now I know how Jason felt when I hung out with Brandon and other men.

I guess I could say his anger was justified, but his punch wasn't, if you guys remember what happened.

"I am busy right now Barbie, I'll talk to your mom later. No, I cannot come to Chicago right now. Yeah bye. Love you too." He said, before putting the phone down.

"Hmm, love you too, I see." I said, looking out of the window.

"Alaina, please don't. Barbie's family was around and if I didn't say it back they would instantly know something was wrong." He reasoned.

"How do you know her family was there? You could see them from the phone? Plus, you haven't told them about me yet?!" I replied, anger bubbling inside me.

Deep breaths, Alaina, deep breaths.

"No, I know because there was a lot of hustle bustle around and I could hear her mom yelling behind her. And I haven't told them, yet."

I gave no answer. "So, you haven't told them you got your secretary pregnant. Great. What did she want anyways?" I asked casually, spite laced in my former words.

"Nothing. She told me she just wanted to chat. Alaina, baby, please don't ruin your mood because of her. She is not worth it. I have so much planned for us!" Jason said, trying to hold my hand.

I snatched it away. He had the nerve to say love you back to that stupid woman. And plus, I could totally sense he was lying.

"Stop the car, please." I said, staring out of the window.

"No, Alaina, please. I love you!" Jason pleaded.

"Don't you dare say those words after you have said them to another woman. Those words are to be reserved for someone special, and not for just saying it around casually, because her family was there. Stop the car." I said firmly, tears lacing my eyes.

Our morming had gotten off to a beautiful start, and Barbie might have ruined all the plans Jason had planned. I knew I was overreacting, but it hurt to see your boyfriend say "I love you" to someone else so casually. Did those words even hold some meaning to him?

"Stop the car, I said!" I yelled angrily, before the driver came to a halt right in front of a Starbucks.

"Thank you." I thanked the driver, before opening the door and walking away, to find a taxi.

"Alaina, please stop! Please!" I could hear Jason running behind me, and it won't be long before he caught up with me.

And I was right. Soon, he held my wrist tightly to prevent me from walking away.

"Alaina, no. I command you to stop." He ordered, his voice betraying his words.

"Jason, I was your secretary. I do not work under you, so you have no right to command me. Let me go." I said, not able to look him in the eye.

Apparently that loosened his hold on my wrist and freeing my wrist away, I fast walked to the nearest taxi I saw and sat into it.

"Centauri penthouses, please." I instructed the driver. I looked behind from the rear view mirror.

I could see Jason behind me, standing sadly, his head hung low as we drove away.

I took a deep breath. I needed a girlfriend, now.

----

Phew, all done. You guys have no idea how hard it was to write this chapter. I almost teared up at their fight, but I felt that it was crucial, seeing how easily the story was moving.

Till next time,
Greekgoddess1302