X- Back Home

Alaina's POV

Brandon noticed my silence, and held my hand. I looked towards him and completely broke down.

"You loved him, didn't you?" He asked.

"Yeah. But he is a jerk and a player." I said, holding Brandon's hand.

"Everything will be fine. Shall we stay in California for a few days? Or would you like to leave?" He asked.

"I want to leave. I want to go back to Chicago." I said, wiping my tears.

"Okay." He said, as we drove to his hotel.

I grabbed my wallet, some dresses, and we were done. Brandon paid for his rented car, and we booked a taxi back for the airport.

We would be stopping at Denver first to get my belongings, and then going back to Chicago.

-after sometime-

The plane ride was okay. I was used to Jason's plush leather seats and en suites.

Why am I even thinking about him?

I should not.

We got off at Denver, from where wen went straight to Titan Apartments. I was going back in my house, when I saw a familiar woman waiting in front of my apartment.

"Hi." I said, looking at her.

"Oh hi! I am Jani Fitz, elder sister of Jason. Your boss?" She said, putting her hand out.

"My ex boss." I shook her hand.

"Jason had called. Did you believe him, Alaina?" She asked.

I couldn't believe I was having a completely private conversation with a stranger.

But something about her told me that she was not lying, and I could trust her like an older sister.

"No I didn't. His story was not really convincing, you know." I said, walking in.

"I need to pack my things Jani. I am leaving for Chicago in an hour." I said, putting my clothes into a suitcase.

"Just listen to me once Alaina. Whatever Jason said, you must believe him. He tells me everything, and I am sure Chris told him some weird story during which he got drunk. Jason talks all about you." She said, holding my shoulder.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. Suddenly, all of our time spent together came flooding through my mind.

I was reminded of the one time when we took a stroll in the park.

"Will you ever settle down Jason?" I asked him. It was one of those conversations.

"I don't know. Maybe, when I find a carbon copy of you." He said, smiling at me.

I giggled. "Why don't you just marry me, then?" I joked.

Jason got all serious and stopped. I walked ahead and was shocked when I didn't see him beside or behind me.

I started looking around. I couldn't find him anywhere, when all of a sudden, he was in front of me, on his knees.

"Alaina Kerry, I have known for a month, yet you have managed to steal my heart. I want to make you mine forever. Marry me, please?" He gave me a Tiffany's box.

My breathing hitched. I shakily opened the box to see Skittles inside.

Jason guffawed loudly.

My shoulders released all the tension and I hit Jason playfully.

"You moron! What were you even doing?" I shouted.