sunny side up

when jaebum walked into the apartment building, he felt out of place, despite still being in his suit. the setup of the lobby looked like an expensive hotel room instead of somewhere to live.

"shit look like the fucking set of the suite like of zack and cody, what the fuck?"  he mumbled as he approached the front desk. the woman sitting behind it gave him a warm smile and a lustful once over with her eyes. at any other moment he would of pounced, but all he could think about was cleo.

"hey, i'm here for-"

"sir choi? yes, he just informed me that someone would be coming to meet him. i wish he would of given me a heads up on how handsome his guest would be."

she handed him a thin card, and jaebum pretended to miss the way she leaned over to expose her clevage.

"just swipe this card for the elevator and go to the top floor."

"what number is his apartment?"

"it doesn't really matter. sir choi has the entire top floor to himself. i could give you my number instead, though" she said with a smirk.

who the hell needs a whole floor to live in?

"look, you're beautiful and all, but i'm not interested," jaebum stated bluntly.  the girl leaned back into her chair and sighed.

"fair enough. just go ahead. i'll unlock it for you so you'll just need to step out. usually the top is off limits."

the girl had done exactly as she said because once he reached the top floor, the doors opened and he stepped into the most lavish apartment he had ever seen. polished furniture and expensive decorations littered the entire place, making it a replica of the house interiors you only see in magazines.

jaebum ealked around the place until he found cleo sleeping in a sitting position on a snow white couch with a fuzzy blanket draped over her. as he got closer, he admitted that it would of been cute.

except for the fact that she was laying on top of some dude that he didn't even know.

he didn't know what happened. maybe it was the way the brown haired boy had his arm wrapped around cleo, or the way she had snuggled so close to him and the fact that they clearly had clothes on and the whole thing looked so innocent. all jaebum knew was one moment he was staring at the two of them in front of the fireplace and the next moment he had the boy by his collar, pulling him from underneath cleo and waking her with a start.

"what the hell!" she said.

"who the fuck do you think you are?" jaebum said to the boy who he assumed was youngjae

"what?" youngjae said nervously. "we weren't doing anything!"

cleo stood up, pushing jaebum on his shoulder.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?" she yelled. "put him down."

"put him down? you want me to put down some random guy who just picks you up, basically kidnaps you-"

"he didn't kidnap me you idiot-"

"-and brings you to his house like you're some piece of hot ass?"

"well shit that's more than you did." cleo snapped.

the pain from her comment threw him off  guard and jaebum unconciuosly loosened his hold on youngjae enough for the young man to pull himself away.

"i would never do something like that."

jaebum ignored him and looked at cleo. he had rushed over here to get her yet here she was, helping youngjae straighten his shirt.

"h-how do you know he didn't drug you?"

"why do you care? you couldn't even look at a text message and now all of the suden you care about who i go home with."

at a loss for words, jaebum opened and closed his mouth.  youngjae was just as confused, if not more so.

"i know you're mad, but i'm sure he didn't mean to miss your messages. besides, you should really get home." he said, trying to reason with an obviously irate cleo. her eyes softened and she nodded her head in agreement.

"you're right. i'm just...i'm just not feeling like myself right now."

they all made way towards the elevator, where youngjae pressed the down button for them out of curtesy. jaebum rolled his eyes at his gentlemenly manners. just as the doors where closing, youngjae stuck his foot out to block it.

"are you dumb?" jaebum sneered in annoyance.

youngjae ignored him and scratched the back of his head.

"i know we just met, and it's kind of weird to ask right now, but i wanted to know if i could take you out tomorrow? there's a new broadway premiere at the havis theatre and i think you'd like it."

"cleo doesn't even like that kind of bullshit," jaebum snorted.

"i love broadway shows," she said, making younjae smile and jaebum look at her like she was a circus clown.

"sike, no you don't!"

"fuck off, yes i do! you can go ahead and text me when you'll come pick me up, baby boy. i can't wait."