25-You Are the Most Beautiful Girl I've Ever Laid My Eyes On

Chapter Twenty-Five
You Are the Most Beautiful Girl I've Ever Laid My Eyes On

The city was at peace, citizens had finally calmed down, and students had regained full control over their bodies.

The identity of Slick was revealed to the whole city, and It came as a shock to most. The whole story was a little confusing, because most people still thought Static was responsible. The air was cleared, though, and the truth came out. Also, it turns out that Missy was Katrina all along. Go figure.

The city was in major cleanup mode. The events with slick were quite disastrous, and had caused quite a few problems for the hospital and the city itself. Lots of taxes were going towards cleaning up the streets, which had stirred a lot of complaints.

But us Supers now focused on more than just preventing crimes, we have decided it may also be best to simply help out the city. In fact, for simple surprises, Supers take their time to show up at city events for the heck of it.

Speaking of city events, I was finally able to show my face around the city again. I was now known as a hero, and so was Graeme!

Graeme was quite ecstatic to find out he had developed super powers. He was still slightly rusty, and had some troubles triggering them, but every night he'd come out with me and we'd fight crime together. He's come quite a long way. We're all proud of him.

As for Static... I hadn't seen him for quite a while. The last time I spoke to him must have been the day we took down Slick. After that, he just shut us all out.

I pushed that thought out of my mind. I focused on my friends and school. Graeme and I also had lots of fun while training. Over the course of the past few weeks of mystery-solving and villain-fighting, we had grown a sort of sibling friendship.

Speaking of siblings, Drew and Audrey had both returned to their proper mindset and felt awful after all that had happened. We're all still learning and recovering from this.

These past few days had been life changing, and I've never gotten so much recognition in my entire career. I was at my highest, and despite the empty feeling that i've tried to ignore, I still think these have been some of my happiest times.

I laid in my bed. It was late at night, and I was in the middle of reading a book when I got a tap on the window.

I froze. This was a familiar moment, a scene I had gotten used to over the past few weeks. I got up and walked over to my window, expecting no one else but him.

The blue colour of his spandex reflected the lights, as he hovered outside my bedroom window. My fingertips gently slid across the frame, before pushing the window open.

I stepped aside to let him in. He took a gentle step inside, entering with ease before shutting the window behind him.

He stood there, facing away from me. My room was dark, with a dim light coming from my bedside lamp. A weird silence hung in the air as he continued to face away from me. I could have been mad, maybe I should have been. But I wasn't. I felt relived that he came to see me. I was comforted by his presence.

I made my way to my bed to with gentle footsteps. I took a seat at the edge of my bed, and rested my eyes on Static. He still had yet to move. I watched his chest rise and fall with every breath. I looked him from head to toe, observing every precious detail. He was truly a masterpiece. Beautiful.

I wanted him to look at me. I found myself admitting that I longed for his voice. I missed staring into his hazel eyes, the eyes of whom I did not know the name of, but yet I learned to remember.