The "hospital".

When we arrived at the “hospital”, we sat in the waiting room for awhile. Finally, some guy, who told me to call him James came in and took me into the adolescent section. He made me take off my coat and shoes, and then my parents and I had to go into a room where we all sat down and the man asked us questions.

            “Why are you here?” he asked.

            “Because I tried to kill myself.”

            “Why?”

            “That’s none of your business.”

            “Okay, tell me about yourself.”

            “Like what?”

            “Whos in your family? Whos your best friend? What are your grades like? Are you in any sports? Those types of things.”

            “My mom, my dad, and me. Nobody. Mostly C’s. No.”

            “Okay, well I can see you don’t want to talk right now, so I will find a nurse to check you over.”

            He then left the room. After a few minutes he came back with a middle-aged women, whose name was Karen. She took me to a room that looked exactly like a doctor’s office. She then made me take off all my clothes. She got at the wand they use at airports to check for metal.

            “What are you doing?” I asked angrily.

            “We have to check if you have anything you could hurt yourself or others with, its procedure.”

            She then wiped the wand over my body. Nothing happened, obviously. She took me back to my parents, who had already brought all my stuff in. Another nurse was going through it, there was two piles.

            “Why are they separated?” I asked.

            “You cant have this stuff,” she said while pointing to a pile with my hoodies, bobby pins, straightener, perfume, hair stuff, and other clothing. “you aren’t allowed to have strings or hoods, you could hurt yourself with bobby pins, and no sprays. We banned all this stuff from things in the past, so its not because we want to make you miserable.”

            I was pissed. After the lady went through all my stuff, James took me to my room. It was small, there was a bed against the wall with a plain green sheet and a white pillow, a sink in the corner with a mirror above it, a small closet next to the sink, a desk in the corner, and a bathroom, which was locked. My closet was also locked, if I want into either of them I have to ask. The man left and let me put my things away, my 2 pairs of sweatpants, one pair of jeans, and a shirt. My parents left to go buy me more things, they said they’d be back in the morning.

            The nurses said I had to go to bed. They gave me a schedule of tomorrow, and turned off my light. I got in my bed, but I couldn’t sleep. I felt nauseous. I got up and sat in front of my garbage because my bathroom was locked. I ended up throwing up and I was shaking. I had no idea why I was sick. Maybe from stress, and all the crying. I went to go find someone to take my garbage, and tell them I was sick.