Chapter 13: Failed Interrigation

I was left in solitude for the rest of the day. After Vision had left I had walked around the entire room looking at the cameras in the corner. After I had looked to see if there was anything else in the room I laid on the bed and soon discovered that it was a uncomfortable as it looked. I didn't complain and just laid there perfectly still, the only sign that I was alive was the rhythmic rise and fall of my chest with every breath.
    By the end of the day I could feel the stares through the cameras. I looked at it and raised my middle finger. I lowered my hand and went back into my uncomfortable position. I didn't move again, not even when a tray of food was slid through an opening on the wall. I remained still and quiet. I refused to let exhaustion overcome my senses. By the next morning I'm sure a normal person would be bored out of their mind but I have survived worse captivity situations than the silence of Stark Towers. A new tray of food had been provided this morning but it remained where it had been left. It was most likely around noon when I heard faint voices outside my cell. A certain five year-old trapped in the body of a forty six year-old's body had confusion laced in it "Why are you reading old S.H.I.E.L.D. paper files?"
    The voice of the android responded absentmindedly "Trying to fgure out some more facts about our young friend. I don't know anything of her, which means there are no traces of her on the internet. Paper files for S.H.I.E.L.D. are the best option for information."
I could practically feel Starks astonishment seeping into the room from the crack between the floor and door.
    "What? I thought you were kidding me when you said that you knew nothing on her."
    "She is someone to take seriously. She seems to have seen much pain in her life, significant for her age."
    "Tell me if you find anything noteworthy, I'm Going to talk to her."
    "Good luck."
     Then the door opened after I could hear a punch being coded in. Someone walked in, that someone being a certain egotistical billionaire philanthropist you can piss me off with a few words. I made eye contact with him as he entered and rolled my eyes at his cocky attitude. He pulled the stool away from the untouched desk and sat next to my bed. "You know, when you get offered food in prison you usually should accept it."
    I scoffed at his comment and sat up. I twisted my posture to face the man and be able to lean on the wall at the same time. "What do you want Stark?"
    "Answers." he quickly said
    One of my eyebrows rose near to my hairline, my classic sign of confusion. "And you actually thought that I would help you?" Stark opened his mouth like he was going to respond but I cut him off laughing "You are by far the most idiotic genius the world has ever seen if you think I'm going to help you."
    He looked at me somewhat surprised at what I said but he quickly replaced it with his signature cocky smirk, "Well Riley, what do you have to lose? I mean you're already sitting in a cell in one of the most secure locations in the world. Why not help me out?"
    "Why come to me Stark? It makes no sense. You could easily get any needed information from a more reliable source like Barton or Wilson than you could from me. Since you aren't bragging about your victory to my face I assume that Rogers and Barnes got away. That means that you can't ask them these questions. Which leads me to presume that they broke everyone else out. Making me your one prisoner from the fight that might just have the answers you are looking for. I'm going to tell you now I don't know anything. Even if I did you would never get it out of me, I've been trained to get through the worst torture or interrogation. Anything you try to get and to break me isn't going to work."
    I smirked at the shock that took over Stark's face. Riley: 1 Stark: 0. He tried to cover up his emotions with his presumably normal cocky attitude but his eyes still held surprise. "Even if you are right, how can I be sure Barton didn't tell you anything before you showed up mid fight? Which was annoying but an awesome entrance by the way."
    "Unlike everyone else in New York, Stark, I'm not here to ensure your happiness or to try and meet your expectations. So sorry if your perfect bubble was burst by my arrival."
    "You didn't answer my question."
    I rolled my eyes as I leaned towards him "Read my lips Stark. I don't care." I paused and looked at his shocked face and decided that I've had enough with him. "Just like your father didn't, just like Pepper doesn't"
    He abruptly stood up, nearly causing the stool to clatter to the floor behind him. He looked at me and if looks could kill, I would be at the center of the earth. His eyes told me that rage was taking over and he was contemplating killing me now. I wasn't surprised at his response but it did startle me with how quickly he reacted. I felt a small spark of fear dart in my eyes. I hoped Stark didn't see my resolve crumble but his look of bewilderment told me otherwise. He looked at me again, if just realizing that I'm technically still a minor for the first time before stalking out of the room and scanning his fingerprint to exit, leaving me alone, regretting my words instantly.
    I heard something slamming against a metal table outside my room. The object thudded against it, a dull bang surrounded my ears making my remorse grow. I heard the heavy breathing as Stark tries to keep his anger in check as best he can. The sound of Visions metal chair screeching against the chilling cement walls sent chills down my spine.
   Vision was the first to break the rage induced silence. "What happened in ther-"
    Stark cut him off, practically yelling at the maroon hero "NOTHING!" He took a deep breath, recollecting himself from his outburst. "Nothing. Just please tell me you found something out about her."
    "I'm afraid I can't do that. There is nothing on Eclipse that we didn't already discover."
    "Well then how are we going to figure her out? Ross wants a file for her and we don't have one. He probably would want her to sign the Accords because she showed up on the middle of a fight."
    "Could you not just have someone ask her about herself?"
    Stark went off on the start of a tangent. "No she's a mini Romanov. She won't open up to anybody she doesn't trust completely. She nee-"
   Stark cut himself off before finishing his remark, leaving me curious as to what it could have been. After a moment indistinguishable mumbling could be heard from Stark to Vision and back. They finally figured out that I can hear them unless they're quiet. Soon the of the observation room opened and shut leaving me alone with no idea what Stark is planning but only the knowledge that it can't be good.

************************************
Really just a filler chapter sorry 😐
Yeah well Riley PO-ed  Stark again so that's a plus.

Don't forget to

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

BYE
PANDAS 👋