Chapter Five- Queen of Hearts, Pt.1

Thursday 24th August 2017

[AUTHOR'S NOTE: Next post will be by next Friday at the latest. I will be looking for entries][before I post my next entry, so read the section below the story for details! xoxoxoxoxoxo]

It was the night of the party that everyone had been waiting for.

I'd booked a dress from La Petite Papillion, a dress shop based in Esmorden, a dinky town just outside of Colorado, a stunning bright cherry wine coloured number with a chiffon Grecian neckline, long taffeta bishop sleeves, cutout x shapes at the sides and a flared miniskirt. I paired it with my masquerade mask, a matching clutch purse and ruby open toed Fendi court shoes. The outfit had cost well over $600, however it was worth it. I felt regal.

It was going to be a night to remember forever.

A night to never forget.

A night to die for.

Daniel, my boyfriend, agreed to take me and drop me off back home afterwards. The party was themed, a masquerade event. Daniel and I were going as the King and Queen of Hearts.

Ethan had decorated his drawing room in black and white, and was wearing a red tuxedo and mask.

"Happy birthday!" I squealed.

Ethan beamed, "Kendra! You look great tonight."

"Thanks, you too."

Daniel approached me from behind, putting his arms around my waist and dragging me to the kitchen, away from Ethan. The lights flashed, the music played and the guests chatted breezily amongst themselves.

Lindsay strutted up to me, her hair wild, her luxurious, glam black romper tiny, her make up bold and metallic. Her posse, Indianna and Araelle accompanied her, their outfit choices mediocre, yet still fabulous, as if not to outshine or upstage their queen bee. Indiana wore a cream lace top with a matching bodycon skirt, and Araelle a navy skater dress with a gold zip up the front.

"Hello, Kendra." Lindsay smirked. I shifted uneasily on my feet.

My response, "Hi," could barely be heard over the pounding techno rhythm.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, temporarily distracted by the guy dancing insistently behind her. She removed her sequined mask to narrow her peridot-like eyes at me, "I thought that you had a shift at Dollie's, you know, cleaning the smelly restrooms, serving greasy slops to some biker dude and wiping up spilled milkshakes."

I felt myself turning the same shade of color as my outfit, "What do you want, Lindsay?"

"Stay away from Ethan." She hissed, nearly spitting on my cheek.

"Make me."

"Wait and see, Queen of Hearts. I've got a trick up my sleeve."

"Oh, yeah, good job I don't believe in magic then, isn't it."

Daniel returned with his beer and my acai spritzer, so we join the soiree once again. A few hours later Ethan gestured for me to come over to him.

"Hey. Are you alright?" he wondered.

"I'm fine. Having a nice time?" I shrugged.

"Yeah. Look, I know that Lindsay can be a little intimidating. Just don't let her ruin your time tonight, okay?" he brushed a strand of hair from my cheek, spinning my arm over my head as I twirl.

All of a sudden he leaned in towards me, his lips pouted, ready for the kiss. He shut his eyelids and I do the same. His pleasant musky scent drifted up my nostrils, his toasty heat radiating on to me from his smooth skin. I glanced over my shoulder warily, only to see Lindsay raising her perfectly arched eyebrows at me and throwing a glare my way.

I pull away from Ethan, sprinting out of the party and straight through the front door. Ethan called for me, pushing through the thick clusters of guests.

"Taxi?" I breathed, providing Ethan's address for pick up.

A sleek black BMW convertible pulled up, without any 'taxi' bumper stickers and a 2017 plate. I hopped into the car, pulling the seatbelt over my torso and buckling up.

"Ready to go, Kendra?" the driver assured.

"Sure." I agreed.

It's now or never, ready or not.

It was going to be a night to remember forever.

A night to never forget.

A night to die for.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Who will 'Nobody' target next? What will they do-will secrets be revealed, or lies created?

Tell me in the comments below for the chance to receive a dedication and personalised chapter!!

XoXoXoX- HuSHaNDKeePTHeSeCReT