Chapter Six- Secrets of Sororities

Diary of Indianna Greene                                                          Thursday 24th August 2017

Lindsay and Kendra were fighting again today. I hope that the tension declines before the party tonight. Lindsay can be such a cow- I brought a gorgeous dress for tonight, but I can't wear it to Ethan's birthday because Lindsay's outfit is the same colour. What a bitch.  

Kendra's really sweet, if a little clueless. I would take her under my wing, if it weren't for Lindsay.  Elle's no help either, Lindsay's totally mind washed her.  We're a group, you see. According to Mom's net, we're a criminal gang too because we wear matching outfits, have nicknames, a group name and a hangout spot.

A GUIDE TO SOCIAL HEIRARCHY AT WILLOW CREEK ACADEMY

The top of the pyramid consist of the [HIGHEST MEMBERS] 'Rex et Regina', King of the fraternity 'Alpha Delta Epsilon' and Queen of the sorority 'Phi Delta Kappa'. Together, they lead the joint society known as ' The League of the Royal Deltas', also known as the Deltas, which consists only of the best and brightest from the sorority and fraternity houses.

Next come the [HIGH MEMBERS] 'Regina filiarum et Rex filiusa', the so-called daughters and sons of the leaders of the sorority and fraternity houses. Will most likely be Deltas too. Will be members of the  fraternity or the sorority.

After that are the [MIDDLE MEMBERS] top athletes, highest honour students and best cheerleaders, some of whom may be Deltas, most of whom will be sorority or fraternity members.

Then there are the [LOW MIDDLE MEMBERS] jocks, the dancers, the cool musicians and the popular drama kids and the talented artists, some of whom will be in the sorority and fraternity houses, a few of whom will be Deltas.

Lower down [BOTTOM MEMBERS] are the loners, the  goths, the nerds, the emos, the hipsters and the geeks, none of whom will be Deltas or members of a chapter house. Some will, in fact, be fully opposed to the idea.

Ethan invited some of the low middle members, as nobody below is invited to social events. The top members don't need invites, and the middle-top ones tag along by dating people with high status.

The Deltas are the equivalent of a secret society. The structure is as follows:

1ST HEAD OF SOCIETY= 1 Male Leader- A senior, captain of a sports team, honour roll, Valedictorian.

2nd HEAD OF SOCIETY= 1 Female Leader- A senior, head cheerleader, honour roll, Deputy Valedictorian.

SECONDS IN COMMAND= 2 male deputy leaders- seniors, athletes, student councillors. 1 second in command may be a legacy[related to a previous member of same or above status rank].

THIRDS IN COMMAND= 2 female deputy leaders- seniors, cheerleaders, student councillors. 1 third in command may be a legacy[related to a previous member of same or above status rank].

FOURTHS IN LINE= 3 male members- non seniors, jocks.

FIFTHS IN LINE= 3 female members- non seniors, dancers.

YEARGROUPS AT WILLOW CREEK ACADEMY

Ages 11-14-  Years 7-9=Junior Society of Deltas

Ages 15- 17- Years 10-Upper sixth= The league of the Royal Deltas, Sorority and Fraternities

Ages 18- 25- Undergraduate- Honours class= The senior association of Deltas

Lindsay and Kendra are neck in neck for the top spot. Ethan's bound to be King of the Deltas.

Reasons why Lindsay wants to be Queen-

1. Parties

2. Bossing people around

3. Hot guys

4. Social status

I know what to do. I'll rush too! Lindsay won't expect me to turn up to Phi Delta Kappa to pledge.

Expect the unexpected, bitch. You're in for a treat...